Best Place to Watch Magic Kingdom Parade

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by mommylovesdisneymore, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mommylovesdisneymore

mommylovesdisneymore DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any suggestions for some great spots to watch the afternoon parade and timing to get these good spots

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

My favorite spot is in front of the Barber Shop on Main Street.

4. Andyjo0930

Andyjo0930 DIS Veteran

We always liked anywhere on Main Street. Preferable a shady spot if possible. Then one of us stakes out the spot while the other goes to casey's for hot dogs and we sit there and eat our hotdogs and wait for the parade.

5. WendyBirdGirl

WendyBirdGirl The Real Life Wendy-Bird

Seconds to the barber shop area on Main Street! It's one of those magical spots where you can almost always get there at the last minute and still get a great view. :wizard:

6. Joanna71985

Exactly! I never have to get there more then 20 minutes prior.

7. cabanafrau

cabanafrau DIS Veteran

We had a great last-minute view from a porch area just outside the Country Bear Jamboree -- granted, it was not planned that we watch, it was just one of those magical coincidences that happened, much to our enjoyment.

8. lindsey

lindsey DIS Veteran

We have had good luck near the Hall of Presidents, before the curve in the road.

9. ajcolorado

ajcolorado <font color=deeppink>lots of pokey crumbs in my cl

On our Backstage Magic tour, the guide had us watch the Disney dreams parade near the fire station, close to City Hall & the Emporium. She said that it is a great spot because you see the characters as they're coming towards you and then you see them again as they turn for a final wave before exiting through the gates. It was great.

10. mrstomrice

mrstomrice Disney Planning Fanactic!

We've seen it at the beginning, by Splash Mountain...pretty good viewing:)

11. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

Remember that the "3 O'Clock Parade" starts near Splash Mtn. in Frontierland at 3pm (yes, I know, that's a no-brainer) BUT...

It does not REACH the barbershop area until about 3:25pm to 3:30pm.

Time yourself accordingly.

12. Joanna71985

I know. I sometimes get there after 3pm.

13. RivaLJ

RivaLJ Crazy for the Mouse

There is ALWAYS room in Frontierland. Don't try to kill yourself in getting a spot on Main Street. I would say 20 minutes before parade is time enough.

14. mommylovesdisneymore

mommylovesdisneymore DIS Veteran

Thank you to everyone who helped

15. Jill in Chicago

Jill in Chicago DIS Veteran

I had a great last minute spot! If you stand on the hill in front of Splash Mountain. (It's the spot where you stand to watch people come down Splash Mountain.) You have a great view of the parade. You are up on the hill a bit, so the people in front of you are not a problem at all. I got fantastic photos. We waited, maybe 10 minutes for the parade to start. You are in full sun, but wow was it worth it!

16. Kick Save

Kick Save DIS Veteran

We have watched it in the Town Square a number of times, walking up about 20 minutes before it starts and getting a spot on the curb. This isn't recommended viewing in the summer, but in the cooler times of the year it's a pretty good spot.

17. everest

everest Mouseketeer

I would have never tried to get this location, out of fear of it being too crowded but it did work out for us and I’m glad it did. It was arrival day and we just got to the park to take some pictures with Walt and Mickey in the top Circle just as you come in. I looked at my watch and it was almost 3 PM so I told everybody in our group let’s just stay here, as we were able to get front row seating just to the right of the circle facing the castle. I liked this spot because you could still see the castle just to the right of the floats as they parade came towards us. Also when they started to make there turn it seemed like they were coming right at us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow that was a great start to our Trip especially for the first timers in our group.

[​IMG]