Best place to stay while at Saratoga Springs

chris springer

Mouseketeer
Have a room booked at SSR for the last week of October and was wondering where is the best place to stay while we are there? New to DVC and this is the first booking so I want to try to take advantage of a good view, best access, whatever you can think of to make the stay enjoyable. Also, how far in advance can I call to request a room. All ideas are welcome. TIA

Last edited:
I love Congress Park with a water view. Pretty to sit on the balcony and drink coffee in the morning and a nice walk to Downtown Disney in the evenings. My second choice is the Springs with a water view.

You can add requests to your reservation as early as when you book it. As to calling, I assume you mean calling Member Services, because at Disney there is no calling the resorts to make requests. Just remember that requests are just that and never a guarantee. Each section has it own pros and cons. I would suggest you check a map for SSR and see what appeals to you.

We find that Congress Park is quiet. It has a nice pool overlooking the water and Downtown. It's the closest to the walk to Downtown. Springs is near the big pool and the food court but it's also the last bus stop. Springs is closest to the boat to Downtown Grandstand has it's own pool with a snack bar and an easy walk to food court. It's also the first bus stop. There are elevators in all buildings there. It's big and spread out but we love it there.

If you are interested in Disney Springs (Downtown Disney) i would agree with mom2rb.

I love Congress Park with a water view. Pretty to sit on the balcony and drink coffee in the morning and a nice walk to Downtown Disney in the evenings. My second choice is the Springs with a water view.

I've stayed in Springs, Congress Park, and Carousel. I'd stay in Springs or Congress Park again, but not Carousel. Especially if I didn't have a car.

If you have kids with you, the Paddock has a really nice themed pool for kids.

we stayed at Congress park which is quiet and has the quiet pool. If you have kids I would stay at the Springs or Paddock, they have the fun pools with slides and there are daily games and film night. The springs also has Artists Pallet quick service restaurant which had a nice range of food.

The Paddock has a nice pool which also has a great kids area if you have younger kids. You also get to walk across the pond bridge!
Congress Park is a super close walk to Downtown Disney.
Those are our two favorite areas at SSR!

Thank you to ALL who have responded, I appreciate the input very much. This is an adult trip so NO KIDS!! We are going as a whole family the last week of December.
Looks like Congress Park wins unless there is no availability then The Springs.

I freely confess that I am too lazy to look this answer up myself :cool:but... we are staying at SSR for the first time in January and after reading this post, it sounds like we should request Congress Park followed by the Springs. I don't want to call MS but can I go back into my reservation and notate our requests?

thanks!

I freely confess that I am too lazy to look this answer up myself :cool:but... we are staying at SSR for the first time in January and after reading this post, it sounds like we should request Congress Park followed by the Springs. I don't want to call MS but can I go back into my reservation and notate our requests?

thanks!
I would send an email if you don't want to call. You can also wait and request those when you do online check in.

I am a fan of the Grandstand for a few reasons. It is the first to be picked up on the bus, it is the first to be dropped off. It is close to the Carriage House, there is a nice themed pool with snackbar. We also like the fact that IF we miss a certain bus, we can book it to the Springs bus stop and still catch the bus since it is the last stop. :)

Last edited:
I am a fan of the Grandstand for a few reasons. It is the first to be picked up on the bus, it is the first to be dropped off. It is close to the Carriage House, there is a nice themed pool with snackbar. We also like the fact that IF we miss a certain bus, we can book it to the Springs bus stop and still catch the bus since it is the last stop. :)
For a park centered visit Grand Stand is very nice for these reasons, Especially in the 81xx-84xx buildings. The bus stop is literally right there. The 9xxx buildings are just far from just about everything!

For a park centered visit Grand Stand is very nice for these reasons, Especially in the 81xx-84xx buildings. The bus stop is literally right there. The 9xxx buildings are just far from just about everything!

We were in those bldgs in April. Yes they are bit further but I still love GS area. Plus I wear a fitbit and getting those extra steps is fine with me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!