Best place to stay for family of 5?

magsmouse

Earning My Ears
Family of 5- mom, dad and 3 girls ages 15, 12 & 8. Any recommendations on where to stay? We are debating 2 rooms at POP or 1 room at another property. Thoughts?

Family of 5- mom, dad and 3 girls ages 15, 12 & 8. Any recommendations on where to stay? We are debating 2 rooms at POP or 1 room at another property. Thoughts?

We are a family of 4 but my 21 yo BIL may join us for a few days and we're staying at the Poly. They just will charge me $25 (plus tax) per day for the time he's there :)

We are a family of five (mom, dad, DS13, DD11, and DS 7) and we are staying at Port Orleans Riverside with a trundle bed. We debated getting a family Suite at All Star Music for the convenience of a second bathroom but decided to sticke with POR. We've never stayed at POR so we are excited about it.

We stayed at POR with a group of 5 quite comfortably.
POR is lovely and the boat ride to DTD is great!

We are also a family of 5, me, DH, DD14, DS10, DD8. We are going in Sept for Free Dining and staying in a family suite at ASMU. We have also stayed at POR, and POP all together. I am excited to have a seperate bedroom for DH and I , especially since this will be a 10 night trip. As much as I love my kids, it will be nice to have private space!

We are a family of 4, but we get two rooms at pop. We love having the extra bathroom and being able to have extra space!

I highly recommend the Fort Wilderness Cabins. We had such a blast there. My kids are considerably younger than yours but I think it is such a wonderful all around place. :)

Options for your family - lowest, going up in cost...

Port Orleans Riverside - 1 room with a trundle bed
Value resorts - 2 rooms
All-Star Music - Family Suite
Fort Wilderness Cabin
Deluxe Resort - any room for 5
Villa - 2 bedroom & a few family suites scattered around

The Family Suites start at $184 a night duing value season.
Most of the Disney resorts (excluding DVC) charge extra for more than 2 adults in a room.
The Family Suites do not charge extra for extra adults.
1-6 adults can stay in the Family Suites for the same et price.
The Family Suites have discounts available also so if you keep your eyes open you just may snag a great deal.

---------------------------------------------

Family Suite info:

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) in Sept. of 2006.

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

They:

-Sleep up to 6 (plus one child under age 3 in a Pak-n-Play crib)
-Studio amenities and separate sleeping areas giving more privacy than a standard room.
-Queen bed, full-size pullout sofa, convertible ottoman & chair sleepers (4 separate sleepers)
-Private master bedroom and family room have 27” flat CRT TV and high speed Internet access.
-Kitchenette with microwave, small refrigerator (4.3 cu. ft) and coffee pot
-Two-full bathrooms

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

We like the Polynesian and have found it quite comfortable for our family of 5. That said, I'm sure the other places mentioned are fine as well. I think you need to figure out your budget, and then also what is more important to you--extra space or closer location to the parks. For us, getting to the parks is really important, and DH does not like the Disney bus system. For others, having extra space is more important.

We also have three girls and like: (not the least expensive but we don't get to WDW often) :sad2:

DVC Boardwalk 1-bedroom (rent from DVC member) $280 to $300 a night
Poly AAA discount $289 plus taxes.

Would love to stay at WL or AKL but would need two rooms. I also think Pop would be fun.

I am in the pre-planning stages of a "Girls Only" trip in 2009. There will be 5 of us (me, DD, DSis#1, DSis#2 and DMIL) and we are planning on staying at the Poly.

We are a family of 5 - DS's 12, 9 & 7 and we always stay at the Beach Club. We have stayed at the Poly and AKL but the boys always choose the Beach Club because of the proximity to Epcot and the great pool! Have Fun!

I would recommend Port Orleans Riverside. My 8 year old slept on the trundle bed several times and never complained. We love that resort! It is very peaceful and beautiful. It also is quite economical. A deluxe resort isn't for us because we don't spend that much time at our hotel during the day (or night for that matter) to get our full money's worth. We'd rather be at one of the parks than at our resort. We also rent a car when we go so being on the monorail isn't that important to us.

For your family, I would go value if you want the extra bathroom, moderate if you want a "relaxing" hotel or deluxe if you plan on using all the amenities.

Hope this helps and HAVE FUN!

Thanks for all the suggestions! As we are planning a last minute end-of-May trip, I'd better decide!

:) We love the size of the rooms at the Poly and stay there often. We too have 5 in our group and there is plenty of room.

We are planning a Dec or Jan trip for 4 - but my Mom may be joining us. We are thinking Poly - because we have never stayed there and I have heard the room could accomodate 5. Plus it looks like a great place to stay!

However I am interested now in the opton of renting at the Boardwalk. We would be able to walk to Epcot - and I like the boat to Disney Studios.
Who / how do I arrange that? Is that thru the Disney reservation office too?

You can book normal rates through CRO or you can go to the rent and trade board on Dis. Be sure to read all the information on renting. Dec might be a little to late to get this year but you never know.

Good luck

Can't believe no one mentioned the Dolphin. The room is much bigger then at POR. You can either rent a cot ($25/night) or bring an airbed. We brought an airbed that my DS15 stayed on. It was a Coleman Twin with a built in pump. I think it was $35 at Target. The resort is beautiful, you have Disney transportation (no DDP or ME). I received a nurse discount but they also have teacher and govt employee discount. It's also on the Epcot/HS ferry.

Our family of 5 was very happy there.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter