Best place to recycle ink cartridges?

dunbarfamily

I'm a proud WDW-loving wife and mama to six
Hello!

Where is the best place to recycle ink cartridges? I'm trying to "make" as much cash as we can for our trip in October! LOL! This has actually been a fun project. I redeemed coins we'd been saving for 6 years and had over $600, more than enough for our plane tickets! Anyways...

I have:

- 1 HP 57
- 4 HP 22
- 16 HP 21

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!! :flower3:

Staples used to have a good recycling program, but I'm not sure if they still do. You could call the store for details.

I haven't yet recycled any, but I probably should. A quick check shows that Staples and Office Depot give $2 per qualifying cartridge, but it's to your rewards card, not cash. So if you use either of those stores a lot, it could help. Office Max gives $3, but the cartridges they accept are fewer (HP counts for both, though).

My own problem is that we don't use manufacturer cartridges (well we have one set of HP-produced cartridges), we either fill old ones at Walgreens (approx 12.99 each for HP 96 and 97) or order through places like 4inkjets.

And I don't think that any of those stores take non-manufacturer cartridges...

Anyway, that's just what I found for myself really quickly. :)

I will be checking in on this thread to see if people have more suggestions!

Mine I recycle are recycled already or whatever you would call it. They don't care at Staples. She told me last time they take anything because I always phrase the question the same about my ink. They have been taking those for atleast 5 years now.

I haven't yet recycled any, but I probably should. A quick check shows that Staples and Office Depot give $2 per qualifying cartridge, but it's to your rewards card, not cash. So if you use either of those stores a lot, it could help. Office Max gives $3, but the cartridges they accept are fewer (HP counts for both, though).

My own problem is that we don't use manufacturer cartridges (well we have one set of HP-produced cartridges), we either fill old ones at Walgreens (approx 12.99 each for HP 56 and 57) or order through places like 4inkjets.

And I don't think that any of those stores take non-manufacturer cartridges...

Anyway, that's just what I found for myself really quickly. :)

I will be checking in on this thread to see if people have more suggestions!

It won't get you any money but I've picked up recycle bags at walmart and Post office to send my carts in for recycling.

Bumbershoot, I just sent you a pm.:)

Along the lines of donations, our Ronald McDonald house takes them to help families of kiddos. I've stayed there alot the past 2.5 years and am thankful for the volunteers and donations!:goodvibes That is what I'm saving mine for.

I know there is a company out there that gives cash. I think it was called inkjets for cash..but it may be just for non profits..our choir where I work had a campaign where church members would donate their cartridges and they'd be sent in then a check would arrive..

They don't care at OFFICE DEPOT either. They are always very friendly there. I even find some great clearance deals there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!