Best place to purchase magic bands

Pbeh

Mouseketeer
we are staying off site for our visit next month. Half of us already have magic bands, other half does not. Where is the best place to purchase them?

Also, can a magic band once used by someone be used by another person later? Like if my sons old one is used by my father in law?

You can buy them all over the parks and resorts and I don't think there is any price difference anywhere. Magic bands cannot be reassigned to another person from my understanding.

That is correct, you can't reassign them. We did not really see them at the resorts last month, but they were all over in the parks. You can also order on-line from the Disney store if you want them in advance.

I checked out disneys websites,is there anywhere else that has a greater variety of the "charms"?

I couldn't locate a band at the resorts during my last mini trip (stayed offsite), but was able to get one at a Pin Traders at Disney Springs. They activated it as well.

Just in case you don't know, MBs aren't actually necessary. I get that some *want* them, but you don't *have to* have them.

We want them as Christmas gifts, we are going between Christmas and New Years. On the website they sell a lot of designer ones, but we only saw the plain ones sold in pink. Do they sell the other base colors?

Also, can a magic band once used by someone be used by another person later? Like if my sons old one is used by my father in law?
Yes if the new ticket is attached to the "old" person and the "new" person uses the MagicBand. The name can be edited and the new biometric is linked to the new ticket.

Yes if the new ticket is attached to the "old" person and the "new" person uses the MagicBand. The name can be edited and the new biometric is linked to the new ticket.
So you can do this? Others told me you can't

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter