Best Place to Celebrate a 1st Birthday?

amyh1028

Earning My Ears
Last year we were booked into Disney long before the date for the new Fantasy Land was announced. We were very disappointed to have to cancel our trip last December even though it was for a fantastic reason, and the day we were scheduled to arrive at Disney, my son made his entrance in our lives :lmao:

I promised my 10 year old DD that I would reschedule our trip this year. We are booked into AoA just in time to celebrate my son's 1st birthday! I was looking for some suggestions on the best place to celebrate. I was thinking Chef Mickey's since we had such a great time there a couple of years ago but have read some crummy reviews so now I am rethinking that. Does anybody have a better idea?

Celebrate at least twice in the same day if not all week long! Book a character breakfast and supper. For instance Tusker House and Chef Mickey's, or 'Ohana. That is my suggestion.

For our DD's, we did breakfast at Crystal Palace, lunch at CRT (this was when we had cake, etc.) then supper at Chef Mickey's.

Crystal Palace (with Pooh and friends) is also a fun place to celebrate, as is any meal in the castle at CRT.

Daughters first birthday we did Crystal Palace. 2nd Birthday we just took her to MK. 3rd Birthday we had to cancel character breakfast due to a death in the family. Characters were very lovable. My son's first birthday was at Chef Mickey's for breakfast and dinner. We also took my daughter on her 4th birthday to breakfast at Cape May and Dinner at Chef Mickey's. At this time we lived in Orlando so my kids went all the time- but character meals were for special times.

For my son's 1st birthday we went to Cape May Cafe for breakfast, and as we were also celebrating my birthday, we went to 'Ohana for dinner. The whole trip was really for our birthdays though. :thumbsup2 We just designated those two as our birthday meals, but it could have just as easily have been any of the others.

I would pick based upon his favorite characters - but any Disney spot would be special! Also, if he hasn't had a hair cut yet, they do a great job with kids and their "FIRST" haircut and the barber shop on main street!

I would pick based upon his favorite characters - but any Disney spot would be special! Also, if he hasn't had a hair cut yet, they do a great job with kids and their "FIRST" haircut and the barber shop on main street!

Hmmm if we are getting close to needing a haircut I will hold off for our trip then...thank you so much!

I know they have a seperate cake thread here and I've been looking through it but it looks like most people do not enjoy the super expensive cakes they buy at Disney. I was thinking of ordering a cake somewhere else, maybe just having it in our room. The thought of spending $100 on a cake just makes me cringe. Plus if we are eating at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace there will be a buffet with dessert anyway. :scared:

Hmmm if we are getting close to needing a haircut I will hold off for our trip then...thank you so much!

I know they have a seperate cake thread here and I've been looking through it but it looks like most people do not enjoy the super expensive cakes they buy at Disney. I was thinking of ordering a cake somewhere else, maybe just having it in our room. The thought of spending $100 on a cake just makes me cringe. Plus if we are eating at Chef Mickey's or Crystal Palace there will be a buffet with dessert anyway. :scared:

We just got the basic chocolate cake, I think it was around $30. Ds really liked it.

We ordered my daughter a cute individual pink cake with a white chocolate castle on it for her first birthday last year. The kids had a blast eating it and it wasn't that expensive. Maybe around $. All four of our kids ate it and it was enough for them to have a fun dessert. I found it in the cake thread as well! Have a great time!

I would stick with Chef Mickey's for the character interaction. If you don't expect too much of the food, you won't be disappointed.

because of the age...I would say...Crystal palace for any of the meals...the characters are easier for that age...maybe put in a dvd at home of Winnie the Pooh...and then your little one will get used to seeing those characters...
We loved the food and are going back in may with four adults...it is a fun place to go..

they would bring out a cupcake with a candle on it...

I don't know ... A character meal at 1 could be wonderful or a total disaster. My 1-year-old is terrified of the characters. We ate at BOG on her 1st birthday and she about climbed out of her high chair when the Beast walked by. A full-fledged character meal would have been torture for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter