Best Place to buy photo supplies

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by dismiss, May 10, 2011.

1. dismiss

dismiss Mouseketeer

I just bought a Canon Vixia HF R100 HD camcorder
    and would like to purchase an extra battery and charger.

What are some reputable and inexpensive sites to purchase these items?

Thanks in advance!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. coloneldebugger

coloneldebugger Mouseketeer

amazon will likely give you the biggest selection. or try b and h photovideo.

4. Gianna'sPapa

Gianna'sPapa DIS Veteran

For most of my photographic needs, I use B & H, Adorama and sometimes Amazon. Be careful with online vendors. There are many very bad vendors out there. If the deal seems to good to be true, it usually is.

5. TC09

TC09 Hidden Mickey?

B&Hphoto and Amazon for me. Haven't dealt with Adorama, but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

6. BigDaddyWill

BigDaddyWill Waiting impatiently for my next vacation

I agree with the above folks...I bought my Tokina 12-24mm from Adorama and was very pleased...fast responses and quick delivery.

Will

7. photo_chick

photo_chick Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about

In addition to the places mentioned (all of which I also use), Newegg.com also carries some photo and video stuff. It's not remarkably cheaper or anyhting, but they have awesome shipping and customer service.

8. alloyd1170

alloyd1170 DIS Veteran

Another vote for B & H Photo Video (big ticket items) and Amazon (for smaller things). Compare prices and shipping-sometimes you can get free shipping with both stores. I tend to avoid Adorama as they sometimes charge restocking fees.

9. Cotton's Parrot

Cotton's Parrot Don't eat me!

I get most of my stuff from either Amazon or Adorama. Never had much luck finding good deals at B&H. As others have said, be careful with "unknown" online merchants. When I shop on Amazon, I try to order an item that is "sold and shipped by Amazon" but depending on the item, it maybe be sold by Amazon and fulfilled by a third party. I've bought a few lenses from 17th Street Photo via Amazon and never had an issue. Main thing to keep in mind is if the price seems too good to be true, it likely is.