Best place for groceries? strollers?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by linzloo26, Nov 16, 2012.

1. linzloo26

linzloo26 Earning My Ears

I plan to order groceries (milk, snacks, diapers, etc). Anyone have a company they recomend? I also want to rent a double stroller. I found a company called Strollers and Groceries in a google search. May be easier to get everything from one company. Anyone have experience with them?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. laceemouse

laceemouse DIS Veteran

Never heard of them. We are way past the stroller age, and we rented from Disney when we did need them, so I can't help you there.

For groceries we have used and highly recommend www.gardengrocer.com
    Many people on the dis use and love them. They rock :thumbsup2

4. Missy13d69

Missy13d69 DIS Veteran

I've looked at their site, but just to check the prices on their stroller rentals. They are more expensive than other stroller rentals in that regard, but if they have no minimum for grocery delivery (a lot of people have trouble meeting the minimum), and their grocery delivery fee is lower than other delivery places, it might be worth it.

5. BeveMom

BeveMom Mouseketeer

It looks like they wave the delivery fee if you get a stroller from them in addition to groceries. IF you only need a few things in the way of groceries, it seems like it might be a good way to go.

6. WaltDaddy

WaltDaddy Earning My Ears

Garden grocer is who we use as well. And magic strollers is the stroller company. Very good!! They are user friendly and text you when the stroller arrives at your hotel.

7. Suziewan

Suziewan Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me; how does it work when the groceries are delivered?
    Do you get a call from the front desk, or are they brought to your room?

I'm wondering if it is necessary to be at the resort at the time they arrive? I suppose in order to tip them you would have to be there, but if the tip could be included in advance do you still need to be there?

8. sheilanne

sheilanne Mouseketeer

I have an order to be delivered 11/27 at BLT and when I placed the order there was a place to tip before your order was totaled.

9. mjbucks1

mjbucks1 Earning My Ears

We used Garden Grocer this past spring. If you have items that will spoil, you would need to be at the resort to meet the delivery person when he/she arrived. If you do not have any items that need to be refrigerated, they will drop the items off where they store luggage and you can pick it up when you wish. We did the latter because we mainly ordered water, juice boxes, and a few things for breakfast.

10. 4HppyCamprs

4HppyCamprs DIS Veteran

We have used garden grocer several times and we have not had to be present for drop off of our perishables. Bell services kept them in a refrisgerated area until we called for them. Maybe things have changed since March.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

11. osu2k1

osu2k1 Disneyland Veteran | Disneyworld Newbie

Thanks for posting that company! I was looking at getting some groceries delivered and possibly getting a stroller, this could work out. I am just not sure which stroller would be a good fit for us, and if they have the one we should get. Thanks though!!!

12. Meesh201

Meesh201 Earning My Ears

We used garden grocer last month and everything had already been delivered when we got to the resort. They also called to confirm my order after I placed it (you will need to order at least 2-3 days before you want it delivered) and then texted to confirm that it was at the resort.

We rented a double stroller (GT mini) from Kingdom strollers and would definitely use them again. The stroller was in excellent condition, easy to maneuver, and they included a small cooler and rain cover for free. The stroller was waiting at the resort when we checked in and we just dropped it back at bell services when we left. Your kids might need the next stroller size up. I took my daughter to babies r us and made her sit in one so that we could see if she fit and she was okay, but would have to get a larger stroller next time. I really thought this model was easy to push, even one handed, and folded up really easy.