Best phone cards?

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by madmumof2, Oct 2, 2009.

1. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

I want a phone card so I can ring home from my hotel room at POP. First of all, is there any sort of charge for using your room phone?

Secondly, which cards/online codes are best?

I've found this but it's confusing. http://buy.phones-cards.com/p/info.php/Lucky_Minutes

I'm not entirely sure what the charges are here?

I won't have a car and I don't want to buy the rip off cards onsite, so I'd prefer an online pin one like the one above, unless there are cards that are reasonable I can get to without a car.

Anyone used a good one worth getting?

2. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

i got one from walmart, it was an at&t one it was $10 and lasted the whole 2 weeks, dh was calling home for about 20 mins a time. it tells you how long you have left when you dial the number and its so easy to do from the room phones

3. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

Can I get that delivered to POP for when I arrive? I wont be going Walmart when I'm out there since I've cancelled my car.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. orangetiggs

i'm not sure to be honest as we always hire a care, if you wanted to go to walmart there is one not far from disney so you could try a taxi

6. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

Just looked on their site, the only one I can see is only 150 minutes? Is that the one you mean?

7. orangetiggs

ours were $10 ones but they have so many in the store so not sure if they sell them all online sorry

8. orangetiggs

it may well be that one but ours say $10 on them instead of mins and they are green. sorry I couldnt have been more help

9. madmumof2

madmumof2 DIS Veteran

10. minimandymouse

minimandymouse Mouseketeer

We always use Zaptel.com the minute by minute one on their site
    really easy to use my daughter calls her boyfriend everyday
    I think you get something like 600 minutes for $10 and we always use the hotel phone (the one beside the bed) at Pop The hotel have never charged anything
    If you need any other info PM me
    But i think this one is great we never use a car in US so we buy before we go
    and its easy to add more money on to i think its something like 3c or 6c per minute
    Mandy
    xxx