Best park to visit on rainy day

CoachKristy

Earning My Ears
There is a 60% chance of rain on one of the days we will be at Disney World. I had previously planned for us to be at DHS on that day. Is this the best park to do on a rainy day or would one of the others be better?

I found EPCOT to be the worst. Magic Kingdom didn't seem so bad. We also liked Animal Kingdom in the rain. I've never been to DHS in the rain, so I can't say. But it seems like it would be good too.

I think I've heard MK is the best park to be in on a rainy day. The attractions are closer together and there are plenty of inside attractions. Have fun!!

EMBRACE THE RAIN!

Any park is lovely in the rain, and I suppose it depends on what all you want to ride. I find the indoor attractions at MK to be really crowded because everyone is hiding from the rain.

GET WET! Just enjoy it! Play in the fountains and water features, ride splash mountain, don't bother trying to stay dry and I think you'll have a better time.

MK, easy to get indoors, short distances between attractions.

So much of EPCOT or AK is outdoors. not so good in the rain.

EMBRACE THE RAIN!

Any park is lovely in the rain, and I suppose it depends on what all you want to ride. I find the indoor attractions at MK to be really crowded because everyone is hiding from the rain.

GET WET! Just enjoy it! Play in the fountains and water features, ride splash mountain, don't bother trying to stay dry and I think you'll have a better time.

I second this!!! Dance in the rain!!! One of my favorite memories is of my DS at 5 (he will be 16 in three days!) dancing in the rain with his Mickey poncho on to Tapestry of Nations!!! Lots of people run for the indoors or even go back to their rooms during the rain. I say "I ain't gonna melt and I'm here to have a good time!!"

For the rain, I like DHS. The main attractions are indoors and I like to splash around in the streets of america.

I like visiting the parks when it is raining. The crowds are almost always smaller. Just put on a poncho and enjoy yourself.

And remember WDW is a big place. It may be raining at one park but not another. Or even at your hotel but not in the parks.

Our favorite is EPCOT because almost all of future world is indoor rides and there are alot of covered walkways between the two. World Showcase is kinda bad in the rain because there is alot of walking between countries. We just love the lower crowds when it rains and many times when it does rain it will just be for a little bit then it clears out.

EMBRACE THE RAIN!

Outstanding! I endorse this message and couldn't have said it any better. It's JUST water! You will get dry. Don't get one of those silly ponchos. Rain in Florida is often fleeting and over in minutes. Who wants to drag a wet poncho around?

While all the silly people are hiding from the water (yes, the same people who go on Splash Mountain to get wet), you can have room to breathe in the walkways.

Yep, man the panchos and brave the rain. I've done DS in the rain, the kids loved it!!

Forget the ponchos! They're absurd and practically useless, then you're stuck with a wet poncho to carry after it's over. Rain doesn't last long in Florida most of the time, so get wet and then get dry. It's just water.

It rained...and rained....and rained this past Columbus Day weekend. Before we left we knew there was a good chance of rain so I packed everyone's baseball cap and flip flops and I have to say, we had a blast in MK. On what would have otherwise been a really busy day in the MK, the Sat of Columbus Day weekend was deserted. I do think it depends a lot on the time of year though. Oct was very warm, so the rain was tolerable. We have had rainy days in Jan and it's tougher because it's colder so you have more clothes on. But a rainy day in Disney is better than a sunny day at home :)

I would suggest MK or HS...many indoor attractions at MK, lots of indoor shopping, and attractions are generally close together :thumbsup2 HS seems like a good park to be at during the rain for similar reasons.

Another note about ponchos:

If you MUST have a poncho (I find them tedious) buy some before you go from a dollar store or similar bargain place and just be prepared to throw them away once it stops raining. That eliminates the wet poncho problem :)

We had an awesome rainy day at DHS this past spring break. It rained ALL day, but we didn't let it slow us down. We splashed through the puddles from ride to ride and had one of our best days of the trip. We rode TSm 3 times with no wait! And we have three girls who normally do not like to get wet. At Disney, they were okay with it. :rolleyes1

Another note about ponchos:

If you MUST have a poncho (I find them tedious) buy some before you go from a dollar store or similar bargain place and just be prepared to throw them away once it stops raining. That eliminates the wet poncho problem :)

Perhaps, but it doesn't eliminate the SHAME!

Hollywood studious has the least amount of outdoor attractions (except for two shows cancelled by weather) but animal kingdom is allot of fun in the rain! I found EPCOT the worst!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter