Best Panini Maker??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by TiggerTails57, Apr 14, 2010.

1. TiggerTails57

TiggerTails57 <font color=green>FIL is still waiting for his My

Who has the best Panini maker? OR am I wasting my $$$.......(for a family of two so it does not have to be huge)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. katt95

katt95 Mouseketeer

Heat up 2 iron skillets. Put sandwich in one then press down with the other, can put a can in the top to weight it down. I just can't see spending money on press. :confused3

4. lumpy08

lumpy08 Mouseketeer

I have the cuisinart one. I have seen it at Costco a few times since they first came out for much cheaper. We were given it as a gift and I love it. The plates come off and you can put in the dish washer. There are two kinds of plates you can put on it grill or flat.

5. sksjasams

sksjasams DIS Veteran

6. tami82

tami82 DIS Veteran

we too have Cuisinart i think its either 3 or 4. It does a great job! I think we paid around $75 for ours. For two people if you make alot of stuffed sandwiches or you can even grill on it, it makes a nice quick way to make a meal. I think its a good investment. MAKE SURE it has the removal grill plates on it which is very important. I had one prior where the plates werent removable and it was very hard to clean to wound up throwing it out after a while.

7. The Princess

The Princess <font color=green>Smiles everytime a check is writ

I just get a brick (wrap it in foil) and use that.

8. CleoPahd

CleoPahd Mouseketeer

I always use my George Foreman grill to make panini sandwhiches. You can get a small one for very inexpensive now and they work great for so many other things too.

9. branv

branv <font color=blue>The safety feature in my parents

I also have the cuisinart one with changeable plates. Got it at costco for SO much less than they charge at regular stores. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Panini's, steaks, pancakes, I use it like crazy :) Just had a turkey and muenster panini last night in fact :thumbsup2

10. mommycrawford

mommycrawford DIS Veteran

I have the VILLAWARE and keep it on my counter at all times!:lovestruc

It has floating plates, so can accomodate thick sandiches, but also cooks a steak in a flash!;)

I have had it for about 5 years with no issues!

11. JCMHutch

JCMHutch Mouseketeer

I do the same thing with my George Foreman Grill and it works great! DH thought I was crazy when I halled it out to make sandwiches one night but he loved them.

Also, the GF Grill it is a lot less than some of the official "panini" makers out there, and it makes great burgers.

12. mickey grandmom

mickey grandmom Earning My Ears

I also use a GF Grill for sandwiches. It is also good for toasting bread,warming left over biscuits,toasting leftover pound cake and warming pumkin bread.

13. MsStinkerBelle

MsStinkerBelle Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'

I got one from Target a few months ago and it is the BEST! DD10 claims there's nothing like a 'George Foreman Grilled Cheese Sandwich'. Apparently it's better than Panera Bread. :thumbsup2

14. TiggerTails57

TiggerTails57 <font color=green>FIL is still waiting for his My

OP here, Thanks for all your help.......since this is the budget board I'm going to go budget/cheap and get a small George Foreman grill (or as my 85 year old mother calls them 'George Formby' grills lol)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSc-e-QffTs