Best offsite resort , money not a concern

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by torismom, Jun 29, 2003.

1. torismom

torismom DIS Veteran

Alright guys I need your recomendations. What hotel or resort in the area would you say is the most luxurious and nice but also has a nice pool for the kiddos. Money is not an issue. It will be for one night as a celebration. We are considering Animal Kingdom LOdge concignere and the peabody. This would be for one night in July. Looking forward to your suggestions.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Puffy2

Puffy2 DIS Veteran

new Ritz Carlton on International, all three Loews hotels at Universal (blows disney's resorts out of the water, in my opinion)

4. DVC California

DVC California Good Old DVC

Although we haven't stayed there, we've heard really good things about Gaylord Palms. They opened about a year or two ago and seem to cater to high end vacationers and business travelers.

Here a link to their website:
    Gaylord Palms

BTW - If money is not an issue, why stay offsite? Disney is well regarded for making "special occasions" very magical. The AKL concierge, which is a Disney property, gets very high marks all around.

HTH, Steve :cool:

5. Robinrs

Robinrs DIS Veteran

The Portofino Bay Hotel is like dying and going to Heaven!

6. Maistre Gracey

Maistre Gracey <font color=red>Still trying to figure out the mys

Hi, torismom. I'm not sure I understand. I admire your selection of Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge, but that is an ON-site resort. Anyway, if you go with that, you have made a wise choice to be remembered.

PS- Make sure and do the Sunrise Safari. It is exclusive to AKL concierge guests. :cool:

7. torismom

torismom DIS Veteran

AKL is our choice for on-site but want to consider an off-site as well. So I wanted recomendations from this board. I just didnt word my post correctly.We are not doing parks or anything just will be down on some personal business and want a really cool place for one night before we move on to our house and work to get it ready.

8. JessicaR

JessicaR <font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>

For me it would be:

#1 Loews Portofino Bay
    #2 The Villas of Grand Cypress
    #3 Gaylord Palms

Since money is not an issue make sure its a suite at the first one!:bounce:

9. hercamore

hercamore <font color=blue>beagle boy mom<br><font color=tea

Ditto to Jessica's choice.

herc.

10. DisneyChick02

DisneyChick02 Earning My Ears

If you want to be close to Disney, Hyatt Grand Cypress is wonderful, as is Gaylord Palms. If you want to be a bit a way from Disney, the Ritz is my choice hands down. You can't beat the luxury there.....

11. msteddom

msteddom <font color=blue>We always wait in line in Califor

I've got to go with the Hyatt Grand Cypress as well. The pool is outstanding!