Best Offsite Options for a family of 5 + 1

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by magicwishes, Nov 28, 2012.

1. magicwishes

magicwishes Mouseketeer

We have stayed onsite since our second trip to WDW. We are considering offsite as our family has grown and our budget has shrunk. :) We will have 2 adults and 3 kids ages 5, 3, and 1 plus another adult will be joining us for part of the trip. We would like 4 sleeping spaces. We would have 2 adults and an infant in 1 bed, 1 adult in another bed, and the 2 kids each in a bed ideally.

We are planning on going during the first two weeks in June. We would like to have a washer/dryer, zero entry pool, and refrigerator (a kitchen would be a bonus). A resort appeals more to us than a condo or house with a private pool. I'm honestly a little scared to have a pool in the backyard with our children. We would like some onsite eating options. Vicinity to WDW is most important. We aren't planning on doing additional activites other than WDW and the pool.

Here are my questions.
    1. Where would you stay?
    2. What resources are best to find a reputable timeshare or rental? I'm having a hard time finding places with many reviews. I've heard mixed reviews from people who've gotten reservations on Ebay. I'm also not finding timeshares for places like Wyndham Bonnet Creek that fit our dates or lodging needs such as considering a 3BR. Please point me in the right direction or to previous threads that will help.
    3. What areas would you limit your search to for lodging? I'm afraid I will unknowingly choose something that looks good on the map but isn't good in practicality.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. finn

finn Earning My Ears

have you looked at Cypress Pointe or Grand Villas. Both next to each other in Lake Buena Vista. Very handy for restaurants and Lynx buses whilst close enough to DTD.

Very good prices for 1, 2 or 3 bedroomed apartments

4. wendync3803

wendync3803 Earning My Ears

We have stayed at Windsor Hills the last two years in a 3br and also 2br condos. Great place, secure, very convenient to parks, restaurants etc.

We are headed back there in a week and are staying in the same condo we rented in 2010, can't wait!

5. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

on another post - vacation strategy or vacation upgrades

6. magicwishes

magicwishes Mouseketeer

Thanks for the ideas. I'll look into those.

Wendy, who did you make your reservation through?

7. wendync3803

wendync3803 Earning My Ears

All three times used vacationcentralflorida.com. We have flexibility and have always gotten a $299 week. With cleaning and tax, it's about $425 for a week (you have to book Sat to Sat).

8. Dave1234

Dave1234 Mouseketeer

Agree Emerald Island or Windsor Hills your best option. If you want to book direct through owner try emeraldislandprivaterentals.com or windsorhillsprivaterentals.com

Hop;e that helps.
    Dave