Best of these for a Baby - ASMU suite, AOA or Cabin?

shannonstar

StarGirlJapp
We are considering a trip with a baby next year (color me scared!). I know that as a party of 4 we could easily stay at any resort, but I am looking for a separate room for the baby so the night wakings don't disturb the rest of the party. I could really use some advice about the following scenarios!

The prices between the ASMU suites, AOA and Cabins aren't too bad. We are looking at free dining times, so the savings at each tend to be a bit different. These are the different scenarios, even those these dates aren't our actually dates it gives a good idea of what to expect.

Travel Dates
Check In
September 2, 2013
Check Out
September 8, 2013

Travel Party
2 Adults
2 Children (Ages 1 & 10)

Resort Choice
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Dining and Entertainment Choice
Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining
Park Ticket Choice
6 Day Magic Your Way Ticket
Park Hopper Option

Resort Choice
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Park Ticket Choice
Park Hopper Option

Resort Choice
Fort Wilderness Cabin
Moderate Resorts
Park Ticket Choice
Park Hopper Option

Whats the makeup of your party? 2 adults and 2 kids plus and infant in a pack and play? or is it 4 adults and and infant in pack and play? or 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant? It makes a difference only because your sleeping arrangements are different at those resorts and you need to figure out which fits your party makeup best.

Fort Wilderness Cabins have a double bed and a bunk bed in bedroom, and a murphy bed (double size) in living room. One 1 bathroom.

AoA is a queen size in bedroom, a double murphy bed and a double pullout couch in living room. 2 bathrooms, one with tub one with shower. Largest sq footage.

ASMu is a queen bed in bedroom, a double pullout couch and 2 single pullout chairs (less than twin size) (one in living room and one in bedroom). 2 full bathrooms.

We are just a party of 4. 2 adults, DS and new baby. I am just wanting extra space and a room to take the baby for feedings and night time wakings.

shannonstar said:
We are considering a trip with a baby next year (color me scared!). I know that as a party of 4 we could easily stay at any resort, but I am looking for a separate room for the baby so the night wakings don't disturb the rest of the party. I could really use some advice about the following scenarios!

The prices between the ASMU suites, AOA and Cabins aren't too bad. We are looking at free dining times, so the savings at each tend to be a bit different. These are the different scenarios, even those these dates aren't our actually dates it gives a good idea of what to expect.

Travel Dates
Check In
September 2, 2013
Check Out
September 8, 2013

Travel Party
2 Adults
2 Children (Ages 1 & 10)
Resort Choice
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Park Ticket Choice
Park Hopper Option

Resort Choice
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Park Ticket Choice
Park Hopper Option

Travel Dates
Check In
September 2, 2013
Check Out
September 8, 2013

Resort Choice
Moderate Resorts
Park Ticket Choice
Park Hopper Option

Okay, I know it is the most expensive option (but only by a few hundred) and I would say it would be well worth it but if it were me, I would pick AoA HANDSDOWN!!! I have stayed at AS music and it was all right. I have not stayed at AoA because I have not had the need for a suite, but have toured the hotel many times and it is just AWESOME!!! Your kids will LOVE It!!!! I have not stayed at the cabins so I am only going by what I have read but it sounds like you really might need a golf cart there depending on where your cabin is (added expense) and you have to deal with internal buses (for me huge personal annoyance, others don't mind). Also something else to keep in mind is with the cabin you will only have 1 bathroom while either of the suites will give you two!! Yes, you would get a full kitchen with cabin, but with the dining plan do you really need it? We wouldn't need any more than is provided in the suite w/ the DDP. Heck with the DDP, all we really need is the fridge for our leftovers!! LOL.
Good Luck with your decision!

lajspeech said:
Whats the makeup of your party? 2 adults and 2 kids plus and infant in a pack and play? or is it 4 adults and and infant in pack and play? or 2 adults, 1 child and 1 infant? It makes a difference only because your sleeping arrangements are different at those resorts and you need to figure out which fits your party makeup best.

Fort Wilderness Cabins have a double bed and a bunk bed in bedroom, and a murphy bed (double size) in living room. One 1 bathroom.

AoA is a queen size in bedroom, a double murphy bed and a double pullout couch in living room. 2 bathrooms, one with tub one with shower. Largest sq footage.

ASMu is a queen bed in bedroom, a double pullout couch and 2 single pullout chairs (less than twin size) (one in living room and one in bedroom). 2 full bathrooms.

She stated in her original post they were 2 adults a 10 yo and a 1yo. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm really not... but people need to read more carefully, not skim before posting...this info was clearly stated.

i would probably eliminate the cabins because:
1) its a bit of a shlep getting around there with the internal bus system, especially with a potentially sleeping infant and DS to wrangle on and off several busses each day.
2) you and DH will get a bigger bed at one of the other choices

I havent stayed at ASMu, but I love AoA... either could work for you though! At AoA you could put DS on the murphy bed and still have a place to sit and watch TV without having to put away the bed to do so.

I would definitely choose Art of Animation personally because the family suites provide separate bedroom, microwave, fridge, two bathrooms, and the pools, theming and food court are custom made for a family like yours. the food court has some really good hot food options, but only fruit, milk, and yogurt on a grab and go basis until midnight.

We have stayed in both Lion King (family suite) and the Little Mermaid (not suite). We enjoyed both.

Also we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a 13 month old in a regular room and was absolutely fine. The baby was so tired by the end of the night that they slept very well. The only problem was that the deluxe resorts do not have as many grab and go food service options. So, make sure where ever you stay will accommodate those late night milk runs. :) With a baby you don't want to make every meal a sit down affair. Also some hotel restaurants get really busy. I have waited at some 30 minutes even with a reservation on holiday weekends. That is not awesome with a baby.

Biggest advice is not to plan your trip with a baby for a super busy weekend. I have been there on holidays and I have been there on slow weeks and the difference is huge.

Also, plan a trip to one of the water parks. Babies love them and your ten year old will love it too.

She stated in her original post they were 2 adults a 10 yo and a 1yo. I'm not trying to be rude, I'm really not... but people need to read more carefully, not skim before posting...this info was clearly stated.

Sometimes people go in and edit their original post to address questions later posed, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt on these sorts of questions.

Anyway, I would choose AOA for the OP's situation.

Sandi said:
Sometimes people go in and edit their original post to address questions later posed, so I try to give people the benefit of the doubt on these sorts of questions.

Anyway, I would choose AOA for the OP's situation.

I know and understand that...but it was there on this one. :)
Don't feel like arguing this point. It just seems like a lot of times people (no one specifically named here) are in a hurry and they don't really 'read', they skim. Therefore stuff gets repeated over and over. JMHO. :)

I would do an all star family suite. The kitchen area is more separate from the sleeping areas that it is in an AoA suite. At AoA the kitchen is right next to one of the fold out beds! Not a good design decision. Plus you would save $300 over the AoA suite.

If they are planning on fd, the cabins would give them one sit down meal a day. If they wanted this, they would need to upgrade the other two options which will add to the cost. Just another thought....

amccu18007 said:
If they are planning on fd, the cabins would give them one sit down meal a day. If they wanted this, they would need to upgrade the other two options which will add to the cost. Just another thought....

It looks very much like the OP was very aware that she would have to do that and has built that additional cost into her final price. But true, not everyone would be aware that during free dining the dining plans would be different depending on the level of resort. :)

OP
what did you decide
I'm thinking the kitchen with dishwasher in the cabins might be more convenient depending if the baby still uses bottles and separate food

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter