Best moderately priced restaurant for date night

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by baldy6060, Apr 24, 2013.

1. baldy6060

baldy6060 Mouseketeer

My wife and I want to have one night alone and need a place to eat outside of the parks. We would prefer a resort restaurant but I'm open to any suggestions on property. I have a reservation at bluezoo but I'm a bit of a cheapskate and I am sick of spending the equivalent of a week's worth of groceries on one meal for two. Artist Point and Narcoossee's was wonderful but surely I can find something cheaper and maybe at least somewhat romantic, right? I've been eyeing The Wave, Kouzzina, Grand Floridian Cafe, Olivia's and many more. So, what do you suggest? Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Sanaa. You'd have to want that type of food though.

4. baldy6060

baldy6060 Mouseketeer

Actually we have reservations for the whole family at Sanaa one afternoon. Forgot to mention that. Thanks, though!

5. WDWFANCBIIIME

WDWFANCBIIIME DIS Veteran

Sanaa is by far the best option! If that is not possible I guess Les Chefs De France? Or maybe The Wave?

6. TDC Nala

TDC Nala <font color=red>1937, what a year that was<br><fon Moderator

Personally I can't get behind thinking of any of the other listed restaurants as particularly romantic. Maybe Grand Floridian Cafe. Chefs de France, too noisy and crowded (it's in a park though).

7. Brook1099

Brook1099 DIS Veteran

I would be happy at Ragland Road for a nice dinner..GersBread Pudding is very romantic to me..lol

8. PictureJumpr

PictureJumpr At Least 'til it Rains

Boatwright's. The food is good and the service is consitently hospitable.

The restaurant itself is not particularly romantic (although certainly not ANTI-romantic, there is a large fireplace and it is reasonably quiet most of the time).

But the POR grounds are good for strolling, or you can cruise down to DTD for after-dinner cocktails (or ice cream), or you can join the party at the bar at POR for Yee-haw Bob's show (not particularly romantic, but definitely entertaining)... or if you want to ensure a special treat, you can arrange a private after-dinner carriage ride for about $40.

9. MinnieLovesMickey12

MinnieLovesMickey12 DIS Veteran

My vote is for Olivia's at OKW. We love that place. Every meal there has good choices and very good prices compared to most other Disney resorts. We try to eat there every trip.

If you love Crab legs you can get all you can eat Crab legs and a seafood buffet at Cape May cafe at the Beach Club. I loved the food there but DH wasn't a big fan. He nor I eat Crab legs but the kids do and they ate plenty of them. But it is around $35 per person to eat there.

Olivia's you can eat for around $15-$20 per person.
    You get very quick good service at Olivia's because it is a very small restaurant.

You can look up the menus and the prices on allears.net

10. cammie810

cammie810 Mouseketeer

We have eaten twice lately at Grand Floridian Cafe and absolutely loved it. Very comfortable seats and great food. The Shrimp and Grits is soooo good and the dessert sampler is not too bad either. If you time it right....after dinner you can stroll down to the boat dock and watch the electrical water parade and fireworks.

11. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

I'd want to try Kona or Flying Fish or Raglan Road or Yachtsman or Grand FL Cafe if my DH were wanting to plan a date night. Never been to any of those but of the places I have been, I'd suggest Jiko or Boatwrights (for non-park places).

12. Vickis3js

Vickis3js DIS Veteran

Captains Grill. Its always so quiet and the food is really good. Then you can stroll over to the boardwalk for some entertainment or on the bridge to catch some fireworks!

13. Cheshire Figment

Cheshire Figment <font color=red><marquee behavior=alternate>Friend

My first choice would be The Wave which is subdued and tends to be quiet. They make it a point of using fresh and sustainable foods.

My second choice would be the Grand Floridian Cafe. This does tend to be more brightly lit than The Wave.

You really can't go wrong with either of these restaurants, and they are not Signature Restaurants so their prices will be lower.

14. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

You have one night out alone with your wife, I suggest you make it a good one. I'm sure she's worth the extra money. Make sure she is in agreement with your budget date night plan, especially if you usually take her someplace really special.

15. chloelovesdisney

chloelovesdisney DIS Veteran

While I think Captain's Grill is a great choice for a good meal at a decent price, it is the opposite of romantic, imo.

16. MyTwoPrincesses

MyTwoPrincesses DIS Veteran

We are doing la hacienda de san angel at epcot with the hope of seeing iluminations inside the restaurant.

17. baldy6060

baldy6060 Mouseketeer

I agree she's worth the money but she'd be happy with McDonald's as long as it's just the two of us. I was going to check on cheaper restaurants when she brought up the idea to me. We are always on the same page like that. :love: We just want something quiet. Or quietER at least.

18. tinkerpea

tinkerpea Registered

Grand Floridian cafe IMO is beautiful! Plus its in a beautiful hotel so I think it would be very romantic,

We had our wedding meal there as we loved the food so much, the food is great and the place is really reasonable, plus its on the monorail so you could hope over to the poly for drinks after,
    Or even walk along the beach to the poly super romantic, that way you can watch wishes too if you pick a night it's on to have the dinner.......perfect romantic & not over priced :)

19. DisGirl819

DisGirl819 <font color=blue>Then I thought about it and reali

Grand Floridian cafe, captains grille or kona cafe