Best Moderate Pool?

DisneyGirlz

Earning My Ears
Debating between moderate resorts for June. We have stayed at Riverside, so we would like to try something new. Because the weather will be warm, it Is coming down to the best pool for the kiddies :) Votes for best pool fun???

Would you be getting 2 rooms then? Or one of the suites at CSR? Because with a family of 5, POR is the only mod that could accommodate you in 1 room. CBR and POFQ can only accommodate 4.

Oh, I guess I should've stated our oldest cant go. :( She's got a summer long camp. Also, I need to update that siggie... Youngest are 12 & 7 now. Thanks for the responses!!!

I am basically looking at the same thing, although never stayed at POR, so all 3 mods are on our list. DS6 and DD2 here.

DS would pick CSR for the size of the pool (never seemed to be bumping in to to anyone else) + the slide. DD liked CBR better. The theming of CBR can't be beat. It has zero entry so it's nice to be able to sit in the water and watch the kids. The seating on the lounges seemed limited & very crowded. The CSR pool did seem massive, but more like a country club pool. The pyramid is cool with the water running down it. There always seemed to be plenty of seating. Plus--roasting marshmallows poolside is pretty cool! :thumbsup2 Both have quiet pools spreading around the resort. FWIW-DS was 13 & DD was 8 when we stayed at CSR last year & CBR was the year before if that's helps. We were at CBR the week after Memorial Day in 2011 & at CSR the second week of June 2012. Don't know if any of that helps...We loved both resorts but I think CBR has the edge for us. It had more of a tropical vacation feel. CSR had a little more of an adult feel. Also, CBR has the marina & bike rentals. We rented a little boat twice & the kids loved that! If you're booking a pkg you should get some discount vouchers included. Have a great trip!

CBR has zero entry and pirate themed pool with 2 slides. A separate pirate splash area for kids. Our kids loved it.

CBR has a pirate/Spanish themed pool that has 2 slides. Also has kids pirate adventure at the resort. A added plus is that the food court is very close by the pool and you can sit at a table nearby. The main pool is my daughter's favorite pool. That being said my favorite pool was CSR. Much more adult in feel, even with the slide. The main pool was probably one of the only things I liked about CSR

I know the OP was just asking about the pools at CBR and CSR, but what about POR? How does it compare to the others? Especially for younger kids - 6 and 2.

I know the OP was just asking about the pools at CBR and CSR, but what about POR? How does it compare to the others? Especially for younger kids - 6 and 2.

To be honest with you ,For your kids, POFQ would be perfect for them..It's geared towards younger kids & themed that way. POR is very nice, & always had a larger crowd than at CSR, but I think that your youngest wouldn't enjoy it as much...I really do enjoy all the mods pools though, except for POFQ at this point in our lives....My kids will be 10 so for us POFQwouldn't be in the cards for us.

DizDaD7 said:
To be honest with you ,For your kids, POFQ would be perfect for them..It's geared towards younger kids & themed that way. POR is very nice, & always had a larger crowd than at CSR, but I think that your youngest wouldn't enjoy it as much...I really do enjoy all the mods pools though, except for POFQ at this point in our lives....My kids will be 10 so for us POFQwouldn't be in the cards for us.

Hmmm...I will have to look at it again...I'm not a big fan of POFQ from the looks of it though...would much prefer the beachy CBR or CSR I think...at least that's what I'm leaning toward today. Just thought I'd get opinions of POR too. :-)

I like the playground area at CSR, but I don't know if CBR would be better for the pool area since they are younger...

Hmmm...I will have to look at it again...I'm not a big fan of POFQ from the looks of it though...would much prefer the beachy CBR or CSR I think...at least that's what I'm leaning toward today. Just thought I'd get opinions of POR too. :-)

I like the playground area at CSR, but I don't know if CBR would be better for the pool area since they are younger...

It's just a lot easier to get around POFQ because of its size...This may be a deciding factor for you. Also As a sister resort to POR, you can still go over and visit POR or utilize their facilities as well...This would probably be the best of both worlds...

CBR to me just with the DBL beds would be enough to scare me off:scared1:.
Also The theming albeit nice and tropical, doesn't really remind of Disney that's all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter