Best Moderate for bus service, fun for dS 14, drinks for us.

CSR has a more grown up feeling. It's great for little ones too. My daughter is 15 and it is her favorite.

Mod vs Value link: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2217894

Here's one post from the above link that sums things up nicely :surfweb::

I've stayed at AS Sports, AS Music, Pop, POFQ, PORS, CSR, CBR, WL, AKL, and BW. Where I stay depends on what I'm doing that particular trip (how much time I'm going to be at the resort) and also on what discount codes are available during that time. I'm helping a coworker plan his first ever trip to WDW right now. I asked him how much time he planned on spending on different activities (at the resorts, at the parks, eating, at the water parks, at DTD, renting water craft, etc). After talking with him I recommended they stay at POP and do the basic DDP with seven day base tickets. He definitely wanted a dining plan, had no problem not being able to park hop park, and agreed that they wouldn't be in the room enough to really enjoy a moderate. They just needed a place to crash at night.

For me the difference is:
Moderates have bigger rooms, fridges, ceiling fans, covered bus stops, boat to DTD (at POFQ and PORS), queen size beds (at CSR), health club/spa (at CSR), lounges, pool slides, better themed pools, hot tubs, TS restaurants (except POFQ), more restful/peaceful, better theming (less concrete and more landscaping), and are less noisy. They also all have double sinks in the restrooms (except CSR).

I like the moderates and my last several stays have been at moderates. I'll also be in a moderate for my upcoming Sept/Oct and Dec trips, but I also have no problem staying at a Value and enjoy the trips where I do stay at a Value. I'm just not in the room or around the resort as much.

I just came back from the CBR with my 18 year old son and 13 year old daughter. It is their favourite resort. This was our third stay. The newly rennovated pool is awesome and the hot tub will be nice for the two of you in the evening. The Cabana Banana bar by the new pool will be nice for the two of you to relax. Building 51 in Aruba is closest to the bridge to Old Port Royale as is building 45 in Jamaica, (first floor is ideal). A short walk across the parking lot takes you to the Jamaica bus stop, (closest to both buildings). We never waited longer than five to ten minutes for any bus. Each village has its own pool, though, you can see the Epcot fireworks nicely from the Aruba pool or the deck at Old Port Royale. The sit down restaurant, Shutters, is not our favourite place to eat, but the food court is fine for breakfast and lunch. Epcot is very close and a great choice for meals.
Have a great trip,
donna

My top two choices for the best mods are #1 CSR, and #2 CBR. Both places would be a great fit for your family, and the needs specified in your first post. I hope you have a great trip, no matter what you choose!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter