Best moderate for adults only trip

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by kermit116, Jan 25, 2013.

1. kermit116

kermit116 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

We are considering a moderate resort for an adults only trip in the spring. We were considering a deluxe (with a discount code), but we're thinking it may be better to save money on the hotel since it'll be such a short trip (4 days) and we will spend most of each day in the parks.

That said, we are considering Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs. We had considered POR as well, but I'm not sure how I feel about the theming. Looking for tips on which moderate is the most "luxurious." Obviously I don't expect them to be as nice as the deluxes, but since it's an adults only trip we are looking for nicer rooms as opposed to a specific type of theming.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. whencanwegoback

whencanwegoback Earning My Ears

Coronado. Definitely for an adults only trip. But you should visit POR for the Piano Bob show.

4. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

I like CBR, but would pick Coronado.

5. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Coronado ... my wife and I honeymooned there ... very resort like. Much like a beach resort, hammocks by white sand beaches several quiet pools and one big one ... just perfect.

6. Yarna

Yarna Wishing I were at WDW

I vote for Coronado. The room decor and bed linens are more sophisticated and very different from the other moderates. It's a beautiful resort and the walk around the lake is magical. I recommend dinner at the Maya Grill. Dinner is great dinner and the restaurante is somewhat intimate.

7. vettegirl

vettegirl Dole Whip Queen

CSR is my fav, we have stayed 5 times and have no kiddos.

8. x5x5x5x5x5

x5x5x5x5x5 Finally figured out how to do this...

You might want to consider the Swan and Dolphin. They are not Disney owned hotels but sometimes you can score rates similar to those of Disney's moderate resorts. While not Disney themed, they are (imo) more luxurious and comfortable than the moderate resorts. The beach around them is very pretty and there is a large beautiful themed pool. In addition (and perhaps most importantly), they are within walking distance to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. That being said, if you go with a Disney moderate - I would lean to CSR as well. It feels the most resort like of the moderates to me.

9. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Also, recommend the Casitas @ CSR :)

10. pjhootch

pjhootch Mouseketeer

CSR... Very peaceful and beautiful setting.

11. I Love Pluto

I Love Pluto DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>I guess that make

POR & POFQ are excellent choices! ::yes::

12. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

CSR has that whole mexican vibe. Does a taco-bell theme do anything for you? If not, try port orleans

13. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

Whoa, thats not at all the theme. It isn't actaully very "mexican" Mayan and Mexacin are two different things completely.

14. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Spend the extra money and bumped yourself to a deluxe. They are running 30% off deals. For an adults only trip I wouldn't do a moderate.

15. blackacex2

blackacex2 Mouseketeer

That's the vibe I got when I visited the resort. If it had a different theme but the same amenities I feel like the resort would be a whole lot more popular.

16. cjsm&d

cjsm&d DIS Veteran

CSR is the choice for adults IMO. Spa, nice lounges, nice restaurant, big hot tub and nice pool area.

As far as the guy whith Taco Bell theming comment, I couldn't disagree more. Plus, it is very popular.

I like POR and POFQ also, and the boat to DTD is a plus.

My DW and I have stayed at all 3, and if we were going just the two of us, it'd be CSR from the mods.

However, I'd price out Swan and Dolphin. You may be able to stay for about the same as a mod and the location is the best in WDW IMO. Note; You can't use ME or DDP at Swan and Dolphin.

17. ke3d98

ke3d98 Mouseketeer

Coronado Springs would definitely be your best bet for an adults-only trip:thumbsup2

18. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Just go with the mod that has the theme that appeals best to you. Some people like the Mexican vibe and some people don't. Just like the OP doesn't find the POR vibe to be to her taste. Just like I don't want to spend my Disney vacation at a Starwood hotel. Different strokes for different folks.

We do adult-only trips all the time, now that our kids have kids of their own. But we still enjoy the mods. (Although we have stayed deluxe for special occasions). We tend to pick a different one each trip, just for the sake of variety.

19. kermit116

kermit116 "Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste

Thanks for all the info. We priced out Swan & Dolphin, and basically they are only slightly cheaper than the deluxes with a 30% discount. So, if we are going to spend that kind of money we'd rather just throw in a couple hundred dollars more and stay at an actual WDW resort.

I'll look into Coronado Springs. Still discussing this with DH to figure out how much we are committed to saving extra cash on the hotel stay this time. We do really love the deluxe resorts, and this may be our only trip to WDW (or vacation) for the entire year, so it might be worthwhile to just go for the hotel we really want.

20. softballmom3

softballmom3 DIS Veteran

Could you check into renting dvc points? We are doing that this time and its comparative to moderate pricing. Especially if you just need a studio.

21. taylor3297

taylor3297 DIS Veteran

For a moderate I would choose POFQ and for deluxe I would choose the Poly,

Have done both and enjoyed each.