Best meals at WDW on a budget

bound4wdw

Mouseketeer
Looking for the best quick serve restaurants, or quick eats at WDW. Trying to avoid sit downs. We have tables in wonderland, and passholders discount. Will be there for ten days in January, and looking for a little variety.

Earl of Sandwich or WPE in DTD. We also enjoyed Captain Cooks in the Poly. Pizza Planet in DHS wasn't too expensive and the cappuccino cupcake there was amazing ;)

I don't think tables in wonderland is an option with quick service....just table service. Or the food courts in hotels with no restaurant...ie values and POFQ.

For a deal with quick service I like the combo platters and share with 2 people. Or I think they have double cheeseburgers....load up on fixing bar and ask to buy another bun to make 2 burgers;)
Kerri

Best CS we had in Sept was Flame Tree BBQ at AK! The Rib and Chicken Platter could probably be shared. It was delicious. The ribs and chicken both fell off the bone!

caravarela said:
Earl of Sandwich or WPE in DTD. We also enjoyed Captain Cooks in the Poly. Pizza Planet in DHS wasn't too expensive and the cappuccino cupcake there was amazing ;)

WPE? Was going to try earl of sandwich but we had gift cards for Wolfgang, and went to the express right next to it. I'll check into captain cooks. Pizza planet is just a cruel joke for parents. Mad house!
Thanks for the input.

I started a thread not too long ago about finding cheap meals at WDW. Though you may have a little more money to spend than I usually do, there were lots of great responses from posters about CS options that are affordable. You can check it out here :goodvibes

I don't think tables in wonderland is an option with quick service....just table service. Or the food courts in hotels with no restaurant...ie values and POFQ.

TIW is also an option at the CS in AK, the only theme park where it's taken at CS. I used it the last week of October at Flame Tree BBQ, and also at Pizzafari. However, no discount at the Kusafari Bakery (so full price for cupcakes).

Best meals for the value, for me, are:

The chicken (or the chicken and rib combo) dinner at Cosmic Ray's. It's a half chicken (and ribs if you get the combo), mashed potatoes and green beans. Very good and it's a large portion so it definitely can be shared.

Any of the platters at Tangerine Cafe, the counter service in Morocco. There's a lot of food and a lot of variety.

The waffle sandwiches at Sleepy Hollow in the MK are also very big and can be shared. They are $6 or $7, maybe cheaper.

Liberty Inn in the America Pavilion at EPCOT just started offering a steak dinner that's around $10.

Not a counter service place, but the Plaza Restaurant in the MK has very affordable meals and it's usually easy to get a last minute ADR or walk-up. Their sandwiches are very good and large enough to share.

Happy eating!

bound4wdw said:
Looking for the best quick serve restaurants, or quick eats at WDW. Trying to avoid sit downs. We have tables in wonderland, and passholders discount. Will be there for ten days in January, and looking for a little variety.

We enjoy Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station in MK for something less expensive and different that a burger and fries. We also enjoy Cosmic Rays in MK.

Sunshine Terrace in The Land in EPCOT. French Bakery in France in EPCOT (quiche, sanwiches, cheese bread).

Can't comment on budget CS but we thought the quality of Be Our Guest for CS was exceptional. Also with TIW The Plaza is usually less expensive for us than CS. The portions are huge and we often share.

TIW is also an option at the CS in AK, the only theme park where it's taken at CS. I used it the last week of October at Flame Tree BBQ, and also at Pizzafari. However, no discount at the Kusafari Bakery (so full price for cupcakes).

Good to know thanks:)

Will definitely try the CS at AK. I always figured those were sit downs since they accepted TIW. Looked at the menu for Liberty Tree Tavern, just need to figure a day to have lunch there. Thanks or all the inputs.

We enjoy Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station in MK for something less expensive and different that a burger and fries. We also enjoy Cosmic Rays in MK.

It is no longer a noodle station. It is now called Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe and does not serve any Asian or Asian-inspired noodle dishes, although there is a pasta dish.

Cannot recomment Be Our Guest for those on a budget. The meals are tasty, but expensive, and the portions are not big enough to share. Onion soup, quinoa salad and a mini cupcake cost me $20, and that's without a drink. Skip dessert if you must but the mini cupcakes are the best thing there. If you are going for the cheapest meals, skip it unless you absolutely must see inside the restaurant (which is beautiful).

There are ten CS restaurants that accept TIW - the five value resort food courts, Artist Palette at Saratoga Springs, the food court at Port Orleans French Quarter, and the three Disney-operated CS restaurants (Flame Tree, Pizzafari and Restaurantosaurus) at the Animal Kingdom Park. The bakery at AK and the kiosks do not accept it. Neither does the CS restaurant at Yak & Yeti, which is not operated by Disney.

My favorite QS in the parks are Columbia Harbour House in the MK and Sunshine Seasons in EPCOT Future World.

You can go to any sit down place that isn't a buffet and split a meal. then you would be able to use your TIW card discount.
We like Columbia Harbor House. Their tuna sandwich was huge and good.
Cosmic Rays used to have double burgers that we could split, but now they are singles. They do have their chicken meal that was big and splitable.

Sarah

MK: Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's (love the taco salad there), Casey's Corner, sandwiches at Main Street Bakery

Epcot: So many choices! Sunshine Seasons, Yorshire Co. Fish Shop, CS in Mexico pavillion, sandwiches at Kringla Og, etc.

HS: Love the sandwiches at Starring Rolls, not too impressed with other CS choices here

AK: We always eat at Flame Tree BBQ but are planning to try Yak & Yeti CS next trip

Thanks for all the great ideas. It's kinda funny that the only time we thought of splitting a meal was at Epcot to sample more foods, never thought about splitting elsewhere. Will definitely start!

bound4wdw said:
Thanks for all the great ideas. It's kinda funny that the only time we thought of splitting a meal was at Epcot to sample more foods, never thought about splitting elsewhere. Will definitely start!

My DH and I always split meals at counter service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter