Best loops

angelmom27

DIS Veteran
We are finally doing it. Going to book a trip for Christmas 2016 :santa:at the Fort. We will be renting a trailer that will be big enough for 10 people. What loops are the best location wise and which category are they? Thanks that way I know where to book. I'm so excited our family has had a very bad yr and we really need this.

This is completely dependent on what you are wanting or looking for. The different sites offer something unique. Some are closer to the marina and Trails End, Some closer to the Meadows, or the pool. Some loops are too small for larger campers, while others have no sandpad and are thus not usable for tents. Some people like being closer to the action while others say that was why they brought their bikes or rented a golf cart so they could be away from the attractions but be able to get there with ease.

Personally I like the 400 loop. The preferred sites are closer to the marina and Trail's End, but are somewhat cramped to me and they have a sandpad which I do not want. The 400 loop is really just as close plus it is all concrete and pet friendly.

So, is there anything specific you are wanting in a site?

And there are 3 price levels full hookup, preferred and premium. We like any loop but 1900.I know some people who ask for 1900 every trip. Our favorite non-pet loop would be 1100.

Not sure what I want. It will be me and 8 kids alone for a week so being able to get to things easily will help. Hubby won't get his vacation time till the following Friday after we check in. We don't have any pets. The price level isn't a big deal. Since the fort is our cheapest option.

OK then, if you're renting then somebody else is setting up so no worries there. With that many kids (holy smokes!) I would request to be near a comfort station.

The loops for the most part have bus stops close to them but to be honest we rarely used the internal bus except to go to the front gate to meet another bus to go to a park. If you are wanting ease of access to the restaurant, marina, and the beach then I would suggest going preferred. If you want to be closer to the outdoor movie or pool then the 1400, 600, or even 1300 might be better options to request on the premiums. Here is a map showing the loops and what they are located near.

fort-wilderness-map-1.jpg

Thanks. I was thinking about the comfort station too. Just glad we will have a bathroom in the trailer. I guess preferred will be best. Probably won't do a lot of swimming and would rather be close to the restaurant. The walk or bus ride to the movie won't be too bad. I have visited the fort. So I do know the internal buses aren't as crowded as the park ones. That's a good thing. Thanks for the help.

I was thinking of using our tent as a storage closet. That way there won't be a lot of stuff inside the trailer. Could also store toys in there for the kids.

Here is a pic from 2011, see the little pink tent, I used my daughters princess tent for that very same thing. I stored my empty crates and odd and ends in there to keep them from getting in our way since we had 5 people in the pop up.
Disney%202011%20Trip%20158_zps95xsecfu.jpg

Good looking set-up on that popup, parrothead64.

Luv me some pup pix whenever people post 'em.

Bama Ed

Good idea on the tent for extra storage. I use the underside of neighbor's camper...

Woops! Did I just post that!?

Good idea on the tent for extra storage. I use the underside of neighbor's camper...

Woops! Did I just post that!?
:smooth::worship:
On the serious note, (if that's possible on this board :rotfl2:) we stayed in 700 last December and liked that loop, pet loop, (never heard barking dogs or had to walk over dog dodo :thumbsup2) close to Trails end, etc. All I can tell you while you are there is party:!

Looks like a nice set up and a fun experience, parrothead64. I've never camped in a pop up before, only in a tent. Your photo makes me want to get a pop up camper.

Here is a pic from 2011, see the little pink tent, I used my daughters princess tent for that very same thing. I stored my empty crates and odd and ends in there to keep them from getting in our way since we had 5 people in the pop up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter