**BEST FRIENDS PET CARE KENNEL at DISNEY WORLD FAQ**

Hi. I was just wondering if anyone has had their cats stay at the kitty city? We will be down there next yr for our wedding and honeymoon and are seriously considering taking our lil furry daughter with us. My only concern is if the cat condos are really confining. I've seen very few pics and was just wondering if anyone had anymore information regarding boarding their cats. Thank you.

Welcome! From what I have seen first hand, the kitty condos are somewhat confining! You will have to get the more expensive condo if you want your babygirl to have more room to be honest with you. The lower "floor" is the litter box area and then she will have 2 more "levels" to roam on. I also know that they will take your kitty out of the condo and play with her through out the day. But, as much as I LOVE BFPC, and how they treat animals and how caring they are, I would NOT take my kitty with me, for I feel that its just way to confining for them. But, that is my only opinion. :)

If you have a facebook, find BEST FRIENDS PET CARE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD on there, and they have alot more pics. :)

Hope I was helpful to you! :goodvibes

Welcome! From what I have seen first hand, the kitty condos are somewhat confining! You will have to get the more expensive condo if you want your babygirl to have more room to be honest with you. The lower "floor" is the litter box area and then she will have 2 more "levels" to roam on. I also know that they will take your kitty out of the condo and play with her through out the day. But, as much as I LOVE BFPC, and how they treat animals and how caring they are, I would NOT take my kitty with me, for I feel that its just way to confining for them. But, that is my only opinion. :)

If you have a facebook, find BEST FRIENDS PET CARE AT WALT DISNEY WORLD on there, and they have alot more pics. :)

Hope I was helpful to you! :goodvibes

Thank you very much for your honesty. I really appreciate it. That's what I was worried is having her feel confined. Our next option is to try and find someone to come play with her and take care of her while I'm away. :sad2: Just thinking about leaving her makes me sad. Thank you again for your help. :flower3:

Thank you very much for your honesty. I really appreciate it. That's what I was worried is having her feel confined. Our next option is to try and find someone to come play with her and take care of her while I'm away. :sad2: Just thinking about leaving her makes me sad. Thank you again for your help. :flower3:

No problem at all! I dont want anyone to be upset or worried about their animal while on vacation, so Im just totally honest when it comes to animals!

Do you have a hard time finding a pet sitter like I do? LOL

da1f82d5.jpg

Real DISNEY movies on the TV...LOL
00b8c878.jpg

Taz waiting for his treat!
IMG_20100906_081722.jpg

Max and Rascal on the "K9 grass
83071091_photobucket_378_.jpg

Taz is so cute, what kind of dog is he? :)

Really consisdering BFPCK for visit in April 2011, I have a few questions that I can't find the answer to on this site or BF's site. Luke Skarwalker (All black Shih tzu with a patch of white in both locations like Scar) will be 11months in April has never been boarded. He is a very friendly, lazy, spoiled boy and I know he would enjoy the VIP services...my questions are 1. Do they allow us to bring our own food, 2. Are we allowed to use doggie pads, Luke refuses to use the restroom outside-we've tried to break this habbit:sad2: no luck yet. Any advice/knowledge is welcomed.
THX:thumbsup2

Really consisdering BFPCK for visit in April 2011, I have a few questions that I can't find the answer to on this site or BF's site. Luke Skarwalker (All black Shih tzu with a patch of white in both locations like Scar) will be 11months in April has never been boarded. He is a very friendly, lazy, spoiled boy and I know he would enjoy the VIP services...my questions are 1. Do they allow us to bring our own food, 2. Are we allowed to use doggie pads, Luke refuses to use the restroom outside-we've tried to break this habbit:sad2: no luck yet. Any advice/knowledge is welcomed.
THX:thumbsup2

Hello Rockmom!

Yes, you can bring Luke's food and potty pads! they will still take him out for walks, and maybe he will get the hint of pottying outside when he sees other dogs go as well!

But you can bring toys, blankets, food, snacks, just not your own water! :)

Im sure Luke will love it! :)

Anyone have recent experience with doggy daycare? We are staying at the HRH in a few months & doing Universal for the first time, but we'd like to visit Disney Parks for a couple of days while we are there. We'll drop him off in the morning & pick him up in the evening. He's staying with us at the HRH since they allow pets.

Just wondering if anyone has advice or opinions for me. Our dog is a large GSD. Thanks!

ETA: The BF Web site lists one or two walks a day for the dogs. What if they have to pee or poop in between?

Anyone have recent experience with doggy daycare? We are staying at the HRH in a few months & doing Universal for the first time, but we'd like to visit Disney Parks for a couple of days while we are there. We'll drop him off in the morning & pick him up in the evening. He's staying with us at the HRH since they allow pets.

Just wondering if anyone has advice or opinions for me. Our dog is a large GSD. Thanks!

ETA: The BF Web site lists one or two walks a day for the dogs. What if they have to pee or poop in between?

Hello! My dogs did not do the doggy day care, but from what I have seen first hand, read and talked to others about, doggy day care is great! They have a lot of stuff in the room to play with, slides, balls, and all kinds of things that the staff interact with. And if your dog has an "accident", the staff will clean it up! :)

They even have a live feed you can check from your smart phone if you have one to check on them! If i was a day visitor, I would definately do the doggy day care!

http://wdw.bestfriendspetcare.com/

That site has a live web cam of the different play groups/kennels, etc that you can check out!

Anymore questions, just ask!

Does anyone have a good picture of the villa? I booked on for my dog because the VIP's were sold out. I saw a picture of one in this thread but it's at an angle. TIA.:goodvibes

I don't have the best pics of the villa from our trip either. I will say, tho, that this was by far the nicest boarding facility we ever used. I thought the villas were wonderful. We'll be back again!

There's a long hallway with the villas all along the left side. The villa walls facing the hallway are all glass like the fronts of a strip-mall type shopping center w/a store-type door leading inside. The rooms aren't huge but they're comfy without being too small. Our Riley Belle was in villa #13 which is near the very end of the hall so we had to walk past all the other doggies on our way in to visit with her. When you open the door the tv is on the right inside the wall:

DSCN0609.jpg

The donut-style doggy bed is one we brought from home. On the wall opposite the tv there's a raised-up bed area that BFs puts a nice, cushy doggy bed on. They were sweet enough to spread Riley's blanket we brought from home over the top of that. The bed is big enough for a big dog to sprawl on...or for 3 large-ish humans to sit on with room to spare...

DSCN0610.jpg

Over in the corner still opposite the tv wall in between the bed & the back wall is where the water & food dishes were set on a stand. I don't have a pic of it, though. Sorry.

On the back wall of the villa is the little doggy-door opening to the potty-patio. I was afraid Riley wouldn't understand the concept & not take advantage of it (I had visions of my poor little girl dancing around doing 'the dance' instead of going out there to do her thing) but she did just fine.

I think the thing that put me at ease most was how the staff noted everything the dogs did on their little notecards. If Riley went potty it was noted when, what, etc. If she ate or didn't eat it was noted when & how much. When we visited the staff let us know that she wasn't eating and suggested we try to get her to eat.

Can I just take a moment to note how nice Best Friends was?! OMG! It was so clean. I'm really, really sensitive to pet smells...hence Riley's weekly bath, sometimes more often if I can smell her. When inside the villas, any of the common indoor or outdoor areas, etc. never did I smell pet smells. This place is immaculantly clean! I was so impressed by that! I had brought a bunch of Riley's blankets with us to rotate out in her villa during her stay so her bedding stayed fresh, but ya know what? It was never needed. That **really** speaks volumes! :thumbsup2

Overall the experience was great. I think our little pooch is just so used to being with us all the time that being away like that was tough on her. Even with the best of care she did lose weight during her stay but she bounced right back to her old self after she got home. I'll always prefer for her to stay with family or friends while we're away. When that's not an option I'd leave her at Best Friends in a heartbeat. They were wonderful to her.

I don't have the best pics of the villa from our trip either. I will say, tho, that this was by far the nicest boarding facility we ever used. I thought the villas were wonderful. We'll be back again!

There's a long hallway with the villas all along the left side. The villa walls facing the hallway are all glass like the fronts of a strip-mall type shopping center w/a store-type door leading inside. The rooms aren't huge but they're comfy without being too small. Our Riley Belle was in villa #13 which is near the very end of the hall so we had to walk past all the other doggies on our way in to visit with her. When you open the door the tv is on the right inside the wall:

DSCN0609.jpg

The donut-style doggy bed is one we brought from home. On the wall opposite the tv there's a raised-up bed area that BFs puts a nice, cushy doggy bed on. They were sweet enough to spread Riley's blanket we brought from home over the top of that. The bed is big enough for a big dog to sprawl on...or for 3 large-ish humans to sit on with room to spare...

DSCN0610.jpg

Over in the corner still opposite the tv wall in between the bed & the back wall is where the water & food dishes were set on a stand. I don't have a pic of it, though. Sorry.

On the back wall of the villa is the little doggy-door opening to the potty-patio. I was afraid Riley wouldn't understand the concept & not take advantage of it (I had visions of my poor little girl dancing around doing 'the dance' instead of going out there to do her thing) but she did just fine.

I think the thing that put me at ease most was how the staff noted everything the dogs did on their little notecards. If Riley went potty it was noted when, what, etc. If she ate or didn't eat it was noted when & how much. When we visited the staff let us know that she wasn't eating and suggested we try to get her to eat.

Can I just take a moment to note how nice Best Friends was?! OMG! It was so clean. I'm really, really sensitive to pet smells...hence Riley's weekly bath, sometimes more often if I can smell her. When inside the villas, any of the common indoor or outdoor areas, etc. never did I smell pet smells. This place is immaculantly clean! I was so impressed by that! I had brought a bunch of Riley's blankets with us to rotate out in her villa during her stay so her bedding stayed fresh, but ya know what? It was never needed. That **really** speaks volumes! :thumbsup2

Overall the experience was great. I think our little pooch is just so used to being with us all the time that being away like that was tough on her. Even with the best of care she did lose weight during her stay but she bounced right back to her old self after she got home. I'll always prefer for her to stay with family or friends while we're away. When that's not an option I'd leave her at Best Friends in a heartbeat. They were wonderful to her.

Thank you for that review! Im so glad you and Riley enjoyed the resort! They are really wonderful there! And the rooms are so great, they are pricey, but you get what you pay for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!