• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best for 4 yr old other than Character meal

txkatherine

Earning My Ears
Hi, is there a fun place to take my 4 yo and 18 month old daughters while at WDW? We are from Dallas area and have all the chains including RainForest Cafe. I am looking for something Disney themed, but not a high priced character meal.

Maybe a restaurant in Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom? We will be at Epcot, too.

Where do they serve the Mickey pasta? I bought it dried last time to take home.

Thank you in advance!

Tony's Town Square in the MK comes to mind. It is themed in Lady and the Tramp and serves Italian style food. I have never eaten there so I can't say how good it is. My children really enjoyed the Sci Fi at MGM if you are going there. It is very themed to repicate a drive in theater. They also enjoyed Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a lot of fun. They even have a stick pony race during the meal. It is an easy boat ride from the Magic Kingdom dock over to the WL.

My DD5's favorite non-character WDW restaurants are Boma and 'Ohana for dinner. The food is delicious at both of them.

Whispering Canyon is a blast, and easy to access from MK via the resort ferry. The CM's are a hoot, and my kids always enjoy the stick pony races.

O'Hana would be fun for your 4 yo, but I doubt that your younger child would get as much from the experience. Still, you can't beat the view of the castle if you're anywhere near the windows.

My younger children enjoy eating pretty much everywhere at WDW. All of the locations, TS or CS, are well-themed and entertaining.

Thank you! Great idea with MK Tony's Town Square as DD loves Lady and the Tramp and meatballs!

Another great idea is to do Whispering Canyons. WL was my first choice to stay in, but the SAHM got the best of me and we're staying at Pop. We could do an excursion to WL and Whispering Canyon one evening that we are not at a park.

Thanks again- so much information that a little nudge helps. Especially when surfing all this at 1am :) This site should come with a warning label... can interfere with sleep!

I second Ohanna's, but it isn't cheap. It cost as much as a charater meal. My DD loved it. It has hula hoop contest and push the coconut with a broom. All fun.

I am not as impressed with Tony's recenlty. $20 for spaggettie that isn't as good as what I can make a home.

I like beaches and Cream at BC. A small ice cream and buger place. It is easy to get to from WS at Epoct, and cheap.

All the boardwalk and Y&BC places are easy to get to from WS at Epcot.

Never been to the Living seas, it can be pricey depending on what you order. However I hear it is really fun for kids because of the aquaraium and it does have good kids meals.

We always like the Garden Grill at the land,but it is an Charater meal.

Oh, Mexcio can be fun. You can even ride the ride while you are waiting. (my kids don't like mexican food so we haven't been.) It cost a lot more then what you are used to paying for Mexican food, and I have heard it is fine at best.

We like the buffet at Trail's End in Fort Wilderness. Although there isn't a dinner show or anything, the kids are given crayons and a placemat to colour. The food is great - with lots of choices for young kids. My ds-3 loved it. There is a very laid back atmosphere that's good for kids - they don't have to be "perfect little darlings". Unlike the character buffets, we didn't feel like we were being pressured to leave - actually we had to hunt down our server to get our bill. We also tried Rainforest Cafe and there really isn't a great choice of food for kids.

My Kids love Marrakesh in Epcot (Morocco) and also the Japanese Steak House (where they cook in front of you). They also have enjoyed the Coral Reef (although we haven't been there in a while)

You can really take them anywhere, all the restaurants have something that even the fussiest kid will eat.

I would have to second the Sci Fi. It's one of my daughter's favorites. It's a little bit dark and loud but my daughter loves the old movies they show while we wait for our food. We went with friends on one of our trips and they agree that it is one of the restaraunts we sill have to go to again.

brownhaired_girl said:
I would have to second the Sci Fi. It's one of my daughter's favorites. It's a little bit dark and loud but my daughter loves the old movies they show while we wait for our food. We went with friends on one of our trips and they agree that it is one of the restaraunts we sill have to go to again.

My DD has seen pictures of Sci Fi and would like to eat there, but I know the sci fi movies will freak her out. She doesn't like that kind of thing AT ALL.

Too bad they don't have a house of mouse and show cartoons. I think that would be as popluar as CRT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter