Best Flight Deals?

merry_nbright

DIS Veteran
Okay, so, I'm looking for the best flight deals and your tips and tricks on how to receive those deals. A little background, we're able to fly out of Akron/Canton, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh and we need to fly into Orlando International Airport, since we are using Magical Express. There is two adults and one child, who is 8 years old, and we need to have one carry on bag each. Our travel dates are June 3 and we will be returning June 10. Thanks in advance! :)

Okay, so, I'm looking for the best flight deals and your tips and tricks on how to receive those deals. A little background, we're able to fly out of Akron/Canton, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh and we need to fly into Orlando International Airport, since we are using Magical Express. There is two adults and one child, who is 8 years old, and we need to have one carry on bag each. Our travel dates are June 3 and we will be returning June 10. Thanks in advance! :)
  • Use a fare predictor like the Hopper app or Kayak.
  • Travel at off-peak hours.
  • Limit your baggage - ship items to your resort or purchase when you get there, plan to do laundry.
  • Don't pay to choose seats or check in early.
  • Begin your search with only one person (airlines will not show the cheapest fare if there's only one seat left at that price and you're searching for 3 people). If you find a good fare, repeat the search with two people, then three. If there's only one ticket at the lowest fare, book it for one of the adults and then book the child and other adult separately.
  • Consider applying for an airline credit card for the air miles bonus. Use a combination of paid fares and award fares to get your family to/from Orlando.
  • Search one-way fares on different airlines. You might find a great rate on Southwest out of Pittsburgh going to Orlando but a better return fare heading to Cleveland on American.
  • Be prepared to "pull the trigger" when you find an acceptable fare. There's no sense in doing a search if you're going to take your time to think it over. Good fares disappear quickly.
  • Children who are over the age of 2 do not get discounted airfare.. They're taking up a seat, so they pay the full fare.
  • Traveling to a vacation destination, during a busy time (school summer break) and on Saturdays, is going to not only be more expensive, it will also tend to sell out earlier for the most desirable flights.

Consider driving to Columbus and take Southwest direct. Great fares and flight times.
IF you can avoid checked bags you might get better rates on other airlines.

The super budget airlines will not save you money (avoid spirit and the like for your situation.)

Google Flights is my go-to search engine for airfare.
https://www.google.com/flights/

You can put in a date range and search for fares, then go book with airlines direct. You can check out all the airport possibilities and perhaps see if you have any flexibility a day or two if that helps in pricing. Good luck!

Best prices out of Cleveland are on Frontier. I flew on Easter this past spring with dd for $79 one way and booked 14 days out. You do pay for luggage, carry-on or checked. It was cheaper to pay for one checked bag. We used bookbags for our personal item and that was free. SW was always my go to airline and we've driven to CAK. But they did away with most non-stops. We did fly them this summer to TPA and had a no plane change in ATL. It was alright but it does add to the flight time. I considered flying out of CMH but timewise, driving to CMH or having a stop, was about the same.

Spirit also flies out of CLE and is cheap, but I haven't heard great things about them. Allegiant flies out of CAK nonstop. I no nothing about them.

Good luck in your search.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter