Best Fish Extender gift received?

We received some amazing gifts on our last cruise including magnets and photo holders from the parks which were way cool. I also really liked the handmade Christmas ornament. My son loved the candy from Australia. Finally, I got a totally awesome terry bathrobe that I love love love! We really enjoy the whole FE experience from crafting the gifts to exploring the ship and finding fun gifts when we get back to our room.

Miry, if it was the MR cruise in December, we were with you! I loved the ornament and it's still in its box waiting to be put up this year. Did you get the gorgeous hand made Mickey ears necklace? I wore mine on formal night and many times since. Did you do the cd? I have it in my car and play it all of the time and it always makes me smile. You gave out the lollies too, didn't you? There were some really hot ones in there and the warnings were greatly appreciated!

We're going again on the Fantasy in Dec '13 and I'm gathering ideas for handmade gifts to bring over and I love seeing other people's craftiness.

Our FE group had so many great things! Lots of thought put into them! One that sticks out to me right now is that DH and I each got a handmade fleece scarf with mickey and Minnie colors, and DS got a handmade fleece hat (Alaska cruise).

Oh! And a "countdown to our next Disney vacation" calendar, which DS loves!

Momma2Jax, we were on that same cruise, and we loved those as well! We're gonna wear them to Disneyland if it ever cools off here in California!

Someone from Kentucky also gave out airline size bottles of whiskey, which were fantastic, once we procured a couple of ginger ale's from room service...

I like receiving things from other countries or states. Some of the things I got are candy from New Zeland, Gourmet Marshmellows from Canada, Whiskey from Kentucky, Koala knick knacks from Australia, Tourist Guide kit from Canada,

I also like engraved, embroidered, personalied, and handmade items. I got an engraved wood stratcher (very practical), embroidered shopping bags, handmade bracelets, cards, magnets, artworks, small photo albums, small scrapbooks, lanyard, fob holder among other things.

One memorable gift is a small orgami Star Wars Spaceship made by the DH of a lovely fellow cruiser.

I'm new to this FE...
Do you bring 1 gift or a gift for every day of the cruise?
Thanks for helping a newbie :confused3
It depends on who is organizing your fe group. I have 4 in my family so the way we are doing it is everyone in the other family gets a small gift from each of us and then each family gets a group gift.
After Christmas sales have great little "stocking stuffer" type items all on clearance. It wasn't as hard as I thought.
I am also making some handmade personalized items I won't post until after our cruise.
Each family is assigned one day to pass out all their items to the other families, so you get something in your FE everyday. There may be another thread that explains it better, but that is how my fe group is doing it on our Jan. cruise.

I'm new to this FE...
Do you bring 1 gift or a gift for every day of the cruise?
Thanks for helping a newbie :confused3

It really depends on what your comfortable with. Some options are
  • one gift per stateroom
  • one gift per person
  • a gift for the stateroom and something little for each child
  • a gift based on a theme ... (like Golden Mickey's, location traveling to, etc)

We usually stick with one gift per family and something for each child. If I know there is more than one family on a stateroom I will give multiple gifts. For Example we have a room that has mom and dad with adult daughter and son in law. I know the parents live in a separate home from the daughter and son in law so I will give them 2 adult gifts. I don't want anyone fighting over who gets to take something home :goodvibes

There are some great resources for ideas that I can post here for you. I'll get them together and post it this afternoon.

Another good tip is set a budget. Once you know how many rooms are participating make a budget and stick with it!

It really depends on what your comfortable with. Some options are
  • one gift per stateroom
  • one gift per person
  • a gift for the stateroom and something little for each child
  • a gift based on a theme ... (like Golden Mickey's, location traveling to, etc)

We usually stick with one gift per family and something for each child. If I know there is more than one family on a stateroom I will give multiple gifts. For Example we have a room that has mom and dad with adult daughter and son in law. I know the parents live in a separate home from the daughter and son in law so I will give them 2 adult gifts. I don't want anyone fighting over who gets to take something home :goodvibes

There are some great resources for ideas that I can post here for you. I'll get them together and post it this afternoon.

Another good tip is set a budget. Once you know how many rooms are participating make a budget and stick with it!

Thanks Hollywood Glitter...I appreciate any help you can offer :woohoo:

I know a lot of people say they don't want candy, but I love that part of it. I make little baggies of "show candy" for the kids so they get a little treat and I can control the amount before dinner. It keeps them from wanting to buy at the concessions. Any we don't use, we give to our servers or stateroom hosts the last day.

We have gotten a lot of great gifts, but one of the best was so simple - rubber duckies! At first I was a little confused, but we used them all week long in the tub and on the beach and the kids insisted on bringing them home! We have since given pirate ducks to the littlest cruisers.

So it can be simple and inexpensive

We've done 2 cruises, our last FE group had 96 people in it!

Anyway, our favourite thing that we still use were handmade bookmarks, we got a neat one on each cruise and we think about the cruise every time we use them :)

"most useful" - the folded cardboard drink tray to carry multiple cups from the drink station. Bookmarks for those of us who read books instead of Nooks.
"easiest to pack" - the folded 'snowglobe' card in it's own envelope - i'll get that out to display every christmas
"most wearable" - hand made necklaces & keyrings

The door from house to garage is totally covered with cruise magnets - love them!

My kids loved the treats people left us, especialy the candy from Britian and Moon Pies. I loved the pack of Trident. For someone who likes her gum and forgot to bring a pack to "no gum land" I was grateful. :cutie:

"most useful" - the folded cardboard drink tray to carry multiple cups from the drink station. Bookmarks for those of us who read books instead of Nooks.
"easiest to pack" - the folded 'snowglobe' card in it's own envelope - i'll get that out to display every christmas

The door from house to garage is totally covered with cruise magnets - love them!

What nice ideas! I have all stainless fridges in my house so we don't hang magnets. I never thought about the garage door for displaying them! Thanks for the great idea! :)

just found out about the fe thing a few weeks ago and wasnt sure if we should do it but the posts here really convinced me. now i have to get ready to make some (hopefully good) stuff, looks like the stakes are high. never thought there would be so much homemade treasures to expect.

I am doing my first fe and I am doing hand painted shot glass..one Mickey one Minnie (got them at Walmart $4 for 6 paint at hobby store starter kit $2) and a little bottle of huckleberry vodka from Idaho. Hope it goes over well.

melissa208 said:
I am doing my first fe and I am doing hand painted shot glass..one Mickey one Minnie (got them at Walmart $4 for 6 paint at hobby store starter kit $2) and a little bottle of huckleberry vodka from Idaho. Hope it goes over well.

Umm, sounds good to me!

My favorites are the cruise magnets with the cruise info on them :thumbsup2 and the little bottles of rum pirate: !

I love these threads! I am overwhelmed trying to decide what to make for our cruise, but at the same time, super excited! I haven't done anything "crafty" in years and now I can't stop looking up stuff to make.

We got so many good things! We got an adorable tissue holder that was knitted to look like Mickey's pants. We got a fabulous homemade scrapbook to put in our own pictures. Personalized pillowcases with a pen to get them signed at guest services. We still have the magnets up on our magnetic door, and the girls love their bookmarks.

There were tons of other things that we enjoyed (pirate dress-up stuff, nice chocolate, etc.) but, this is what we still use a year later.

folding drinking tray is interesting. I NEVER would've come up with something like that. Was it like one you would get at a fast food restaurant or was it something they made?

That's awesome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter