Best Fish Extender gift received?

That would be cool littleblackegg! Something new and unusual. :)

My husband and I are crazy for anything Japanese, so I was thinking of small bottles of sake and Japanese print fans, tied together with a miniature obi. Maybe that crazy Japanese gummi candy for the kids?

Travelling from Australia, so space in luggage is limited. What have you received that you loved from us Aussies?

I just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Wonder and our FE group was very kind and generous.

Telescopes!
A string bag with a blanket inside!
Alex and Ani "disney bracelets!

We gave stretch gloves in Disney colors among other things and did 2 deliveries: one for kids and one for adults....

I really liked a Homemade christmas ornament, it was simple, a plastic clear bulb with shredding white and DIS green paper inside with our cruise date written nicely in black sharpie. I love personal touches like that, I still use it on our tree. I also really like a deck of cards that were made for our cruise with our "logo" that was created by our group printed on the backside of the cards.
LOVE the playing cards idea. Seems like we always buy a pack where ever we are to kill time and never bring them with us.

I have read this thread from the beginning (taking notes for ideas) and am excited to participate in my very first FE for our trip the end of January. I just finished sewing our cabin's FE and this brings one question to mind. Some of the gifts mentioned seem too big to fit in the typical FE. What do you do then? Just wondering.

I have read this thread from the beginning (taking notes for ideas) and am excited to participate in my very first FE for our trip the end of January. I just finished sewing our cabin's FE and this brings one question to mind. Some of the gifts mentioned seem too big to fit in the typical FE. What do you do then? Just wondering.

We received some like this on our last trip, and found that some were contained in their own bag, which was left outside our door, some were just placed on the floor right in front of our door (usually in the morning when we were likely to be out and about and get them), and some were just fit into the FEs as best as they could be. No matter the circumstance, each and every one was appreciated!

vistaprint may have them - they can be kind of expensive, but sometimes have a 40% off groupon. also, i've ordered personalized pencils (and other items, like small bottles of bubbles) from Oriental Trading Company, and they are super-cheap, so they may be worth checking for pens.

But then you will forever be on their mailing list. I think I'd rather hand paint names on items then get their catalogs FOREVER.

My husband got a Disney themed tie--Loved that. We got key chains, a Christmas ornament, Girls got necklaces. We loved everything.

Great ideas everyone! I love all of the personal gifts.

Any ideas for those hard to please teens and tweens???

I purchased travel size Monopoly games, $6/ea, from Amazon for our Transatlantic cruise.
Teens are difficult. I bought Suduko puzzle books, Teen or Sports magazines, movie candy, and for the girls ,
Eye masks, nail polish, travel body wash, pocket mirrors. Just some ideas.

Great ideas everyone! I love all of the personal gifts.

Any ideas for those hard to please teens and tweens???

hmmmmmmmmm, maybeeeeee....glow sticks? let me know if you need any. I still have some from 4 years ago....:P

hmmmmmmmmm, maybeeeeee....glow sticks? let me know if you need any. I still have some from 4 years ago....:P

LOL!! I am the glow stick queen - LOVE glow sticks (and anything light up) with a passion. So for my FE, each cabin got a tube of glow sticks :) Thankfully, no one else in my FE gave out glow sticks. I also am nuts about fridge magnets. So I made a magnet for each room commemorating the cruise plus magnetic stateroom mickey ears based on a template shared on the Dis. It turned out to be much much much more work than I expected - but I had fun giving out the goodies :)

Our fave FE gifts:

Magnets...because they're magnets :) (I just came across a few magnets from FE a few years back. They made me smile and they are back on my fridge!)
Vinylmation keychains...adorable. The kids still have them.
Disney Pins
Mini bottles of alcohol.
Pirate bandannas

I just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Wonder and our FE group was very kind and generous.

Telescopes!
A string bag with a blanket inside!
Alex and Ani "disney bracelets!

Anyone else consider gifts like those a bit much? I don't know...I guess if everyone in the group agrees to more expensive gifts like that it's okay. But if it was not agreed upon prior to the cruise, even though I'm sure the people who gave out the bracelets had their hearts in the right place and it wasn't their intention at all, there's a good chance it made people in their group who gave out much more modest gifts feel a little guilty/uncomfortable/insecure. I'm generally not a big fan of all sorts of rules getting applied to FE groups, but as people keep trying to come up with better and better (which usually means- more expensive) FE gifts, the way it all has evolved, it is probably best to at least have some vague "guidelines" around cost. If all are okay with going a little crazy...have at it. However, if there are some who are not comfortable with that, the rest of the group should respect that and keep things modest.

Our cruise is doing a "normal" FE, but we are split into smaller groups. I am on a longer 14 night Panama cruise.
Plus also doing a more personal and more expensive secret santa type of FE for those that want to join.
We also probably have a larger number if adult only cabins.
It is my first disney cruise but have cruised other lines.
Amazed at the organisation this cruise has. Loving it and making the count down so much more exciting.

Our cruise is doing a "normal" FE, but we are split into smaller groups. I am on a longer 14 night Panama cruise.
Plus also doing a more personal and more expensive secret santa type of FE for those that want to join.
We also probably have a larger number if adult only cabins.
It is my first disney cruise but have cruised other lines.
Amazed at the organisation this cruise has. Loving it and making the count down so much more exciting.

Kaseyoz
We just booked the Sept 2016 Panama Canal cruise ! Love doing the FE's ! Will sign up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter