BEST FE gifts for ADULTS ?

phyzz

Mouseketeer
this is my first time doing a FE and it is driving me crazy !! Especially since I read the thread about how people will never do them again because its all cheap junk . I am really trying to get things that others will not toss in the trash as they exit the boat.

Kids are easy -- but what about adults ???

this is my first time doing a FE and it is driving me crazy !! Especially since I read the thread about how people will never do them again because its all cheap junk . I am really trying to get things that others will not toss in the trash as they exit the boat.

Kids are easy -- but what about adults ???

Little bottles of booze! :thumbsup2

I am still enjoying our gifts from the summer. Of course the candy is long gone.

Besides magnets, we are still using our Mickey shaped chalkboard and the tile coasters.

If you want a simple but you never have enough of item, order customized ink pens. You will smile in remembrance every time you need one.

A few of my favorites from our cruise:

CDs (just make sure the CD actually burned...we rec'd a blank one :blush:)

a small cookbook compiled with recipes from the area in which you live

My favorite was a check book cover. Designed with a picture of our ship and some Mickey/Minnie clip art too...very cute and original.

I got several different things in mine like a little bottle of booze, a nice little frame with a Disney ribbon and bow stuck on it, an emergency travel kit that consisted of bandaids, wet wipes, kleenex and little mini post its with a pencil and I also got a tote bag.

The cheque book cover idea is lovely, but remember that you may have international participants in your FE. Whilst we would always be grateful for anything we receive, cheque book covers would not fit our cheque books here in the UK, as they are a different size and shape. Indeed, cheques are used less and less these days here.

This was my favorite to receive also, but I have read on here that one cruise some people had theirs stolen & the biggest concern was high school aged kids taking them. I could definitely see that happening.

We enjoy bookmarks, magnets, consumable items like bandaids /hand wipes/ shout stain wipes. Pens, pencils, notepads - things that aren't bulky and can be easily packed for the return trip home - and will bring a smile to our face when we use them at home.

Someone made an anchor magnet and lettered 2011 ALASKA on it - I have it on my filing cabinet at work and it reminds me of why I work - so we can travel.

Someone made a fabric bag about 8*10 with a drawstring from material that reflected where they were from (Hawaii). We each got one, and we've used them for a variety of things.

Things we don't like: wrist bands, eye patches, plastic rings.

The cheque book cover idea is lovely, but remember that you may have international participants in your FE. Whilst we would always be grateful for anything we receive, cheque book covers would not fit our cheque books here in the UK, as they are a different size and shape. Indeed, cheques are used less and less these days here.

Nothing is going to work for everyone. Some people don't drink, don't eat candy, don't drink cold drinks or don't use coasters. FE's are hit and miss.

Nancy

For the adults we have given little packs of tissues, pens, highlighters, notepads, band-aids and hand sanitizers and then put in a box of candy for every adult in the stateroom. We had one FE group where there were 4 adult friends cruising the in stateroom. I put in 4 boxes of candy. :thumbsup2 Usually we went with M&Ms, plain and with peanuts, whoopers, Reese's, that kind of stuff. It was the movie size box that you can pick up at Wal-mart. I know our Wal-Mart has a big bin of them by the movie section.

I try to do a little extra for the adults because I figure there are some people that short them or give them the stuff that the kids get.

Not everyone drinks. Those would be in our trash. I don't think you can please everyone. I think you just have to do your best. I tried to think practically for things that might actually be used either during the vacation and/or afterwards, as well as a treat.

Nothing is going to work for everyone. Some people don't drink, don't eat candy, don't drink cold drinks or don't use coasters. FE's are hit and miss.

Nancy

Believe me, I wasn't complaining. I am truly grateful for the time and effort put in to these gifts.
I only mentioned it because, I ordered a custom Disney cheque book cover from Etsy once, and disappointingly, it was not the right size for my cheque book

My personal favorites: candy or other munchies, a beverage opener key chain, fun little things to have in the room or on the door.

We didn't bring any door magnets. Didn't need to. Our door got decorated by the FE. We also got some cute ping pong balls with Mickey Mouse ear hats on them that light up. Those were fun to have in the stateroom.

Least favorite? A printout with recipes on it. Those went in the trash.

We typically give a CD of our favorite "cruise mix" featuring Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett, Harry Belafonte, etc. We print a custom label on them with the cruise dates and so forth. Also, my wife likes to embroider things such as coasters with the ship logo.

My personal favorites: candy or other munchies, a beverage opener key chain, fun little things to have in the room or on the door.

We didn't bring any door magnets. Didn't need to. Our door got decorated by the FE. We also got some cute ping pong balls with Mickey Mouse ear hats on them that light up. Those were fun to have in the stateroom.

Least favorite? A printout with recipes on it. Those went in the trash.

We typically give a CD of our favorite "cruise mix" featuring Bob Marley, Jimmy Buffett, Harry Belafonte, etc. We print a custom label on them with the cruise dates and so forth. Also, my wife likes to embroider things such as coasters with the ship logo.

I am just remembering a thread I read a few days ago where a Diser posted with excitement about the recipes she gave in the FE. Maybe we should stick to our favorite FE gifts so as not to offend anyone. My favorites included a handmade pair of earrings, keychains, post-it notes that were personalized with a Disney watermark, and bookmarks. But we were excited for all of the gifts.

My favorites were a couple of Christmas ornaments, but then, I decorate my tree with only Disney, so they're a great reminder of the trip I can put on my tree every year. A couple of them were flat and very packable and another was round, but very small, so it easily fit into something else to pack.

I also enjoyed getting the mini bottle of liquor, though I couldn't drink it at the time because I was having to take a muscle relaxer for a back problem. Since I couldn't drink it, I gave it to my room steward (rather than try to fit it in my 3oz baggie of liquids for flying) and he seemed to appreciate it. :)

It's really hard to pick favorites - there were so many things I enjoyed. My last cruise was close to Christmas and some of the gifts were for decorating the cabin which was great since I hadn't brought anything to do so myself. There was a paper bag scrapbook that was really cute and a couple of different coffee cup cozies which sit in my kitchen so I can grab them when I'm taking a coffee to go out the door. :)

I got a couple of keychain lanyard things - one of those is on my keys now. And also a CD of Disney songs that's in my car now.

Not everyone drinks. Those would be in our trash. I don't think you can please everyone. I think you just have to do your best. I tried to think practically for things that might actually be used either during the vacation and/or afterwards, as well as a treat.

We've given those little bottles to our cabin host to share with other CMs when we haven't wanted them ourselves. We actually give most of the candy to our cabin host, too. The children pick out some of their favorite and the rest we pass along.

For me, supposed grownup that I am, the best gift is the little thrill of going back to the room and seeing something - anything - in the FE. :goodvibes I don't know about y'all, but the older I get the fewer "happy surprises" there seem to be... I'm so excited to get little gifts like that!

I give what seems fun or helpful or whatever to me, that I can afford, and hope they like it. I figure if they don't like something, or are allergic to something, or whatever, they can just throw it out or give it away, no skin off my nose. I just hope that they enjoyed that get-a-gift feeling. :)

-gina-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter