Best family beach close to Disneyland?

Spart02

Mouseketeer
My family will be visiting Disneyland in mid-September and I was thinking of heading to a beach for a bit so my kids can see the ocean. Can anyone please recommend a family-friendly beach that won't take too long to get to from Disneyland? Also, is there a cost to visit the beach, and if so, about how much does it run? Thanks!

The closest beaches are Huntington and Newport Beaches. They are within a half hour from the Disneyland Resort, and are easy to get to. The beaches themselves are free, however, there is usually a fee for parking - anywhere from $6-$10 I think.

Mary Jo said:
The closest beaches are Huntington and Newport Beaches. They are within a half hour from the Disneyland Resort, and are easy to get to. The beaches themselves are free, however, there is usually a fee for parking - anywhere from $6-$10 I think.
Huntington has a parking garage that not to many people know about its right off of the pacific coast highway when you are going north on it. Im trying to remember the directions right now but i cant remember exactly how to get there. Its fairly cheap and you can get your parking validated at Ruby's diner at the end of the pier. Ill try and remember directions and on my lunch break ill edit the post if i can remember.

We just spent 2 weeks atthe beaches in OC!

Huntington Beach is great (easy parking, no hunting needed! $10/car) ... Newport you need to use the meter & it's tough to find a spot. Balboa (end of peninsula NOT the island) is $8/car also easier to park. Also across the street from Balboa beach is the Balboa Fun Zone think ultra mini Coney Island. It's near where the ferry is that takes you across to the island.

We stuck to HB for the parking & BB occasionally - we even rented bikes & rode from the wedge in Balboa all the way to NB ... a feat none too small for a family who only gets physical in the gym! We had a blast! Have fun!!

Head down to Crystal Cove State Park. Just take the 55 until Newport Beach and you'll dead end onto Route 1 Pacific Coast Highway. Take a left (go south on 1) and you'll see the park up ahead. I think there may be a parking fee of 6 or $7 per car. September should have some nice warm weather for you, you will enjoy the park and the ocean! :sunny:

Parking is the easiest at Huntington Beach - lots of spaces. Sometimes the parking at Newport can be very hard to find - Sept shouldn't be too bad. Some weekends HB will have live music - also there are more choices of places to eat close to the beach. We spend a week every Oct in NB - always ride our bikes to HB a couple of times and have lunch at one of the places on the beach - can't remember the name right now. Have a fun time! :cool1:

As to one of the restaurants on the beach mentioned by GrumpyGrandma , there is Chimayo on the Beach near the HB Pier. Good food, casual dining ... we EVEB had our wedding dinner there for 30 guests after our beach wedding!
Yummy & they have awesome mac & cheese for the pickier eaters of the family. ;)

There's also a snack bar to the North of the pier, & A Ruby's Diner (burgers) at the end of the pier!

see i want a really good beach for my mom lil sis cousins and aunt to go to.well is newport beach or huntington beach a better beach?i want the better beach between those two for clear water.A nice place not as crowded but a really nice family beach you know.well help me decide!OH ya! ok driving too.lol.my mom isnt a VER GOOD DRIVER LIKE SHE DOESNT KNOW WHERE TO GO.so witch one is more close to disney land?ok please help me!=]

Thank you!=]:grouphug: :woohoo: MUSIC PLEASE.lol

Huntington Beach is great! My brother-in-law used to live there. Parking is easy and it's a great area. Also, if you have time, eat at Ruby's (I think that's the name of the restaurant) at the end of the pier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter