Best electric car rental in Key West?

2sistershavingfun

Earning My Ears
Can anyone give me any information on renting an electric car in Key West? We need two cars (8 adults). Is any one company better then the other? We've never been to Key West; how long do you suggest renting the car for? We are interested in seeing the island but don't plan on spending much time in any one place. Thanks for the help.:surfweb:

We rented a 6 pax with Pirate Rental for 10/31 which was the last day of Fantast Fest. Had booked this back in September knowing it was going to be a busy day. I called them when we arrived, confirmed my rental and they picked us up 5 minuites later. Once all 6 of us were in the car he made a call and "realized" that both of their 6 pax cars were not available. Ended up taking us to another renter on the other end of town. They matched the rate (180.00 for 6 hrs) but had a 30.00 incidental charge on top of that. Would not rent with Pirate again.

Thanks for the info. Did you find 6 hours to be too much time or would less have been sufficient for what you wanted to do? Do you know anything about Conch Electric Cars of Key West? They want $85 for 3 hours.

We have been to Key West many times but wanted the car for 6 hrs because we had my parents along. My Dad would never had made all the walking. I think 3 hrs is plenty - remember it is always difficult to find parking in Key West. Have not heard of Conch but would check out Trip Advisor and see what they say about them. Good Luck and enjoy!!!

As a Key West veteran and lover of the island, The only reason to rent an electric car is if you have significant mobility issues. The walk through the side streets and down Duval is a huge part of the island's charm, and easily missed on one of those souped up golf carts. Just an experienced opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter