Best DVC studio or moderate resort room for two adults, a little kid and an infant?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by GSUJillybean, May 5, 2013.

1. GSUJillybean

GSUJillybean Mouseketeer

Okay, so if there's no free dining in Dec this year, we're considering renting DVC points, and we'd prefer to do a smaller villa, but if it will be too cramped, we'll go with a preferred AB room at POR.

The problem is that DH and I cannot share a queen bed. I am a bed hog, and he snores like a lumberjack. And holy crap I am not sharing a bed with the 5 year old. So we need a studio that has floor space for both a PnP and an air mattress, or has a daybed in addition to the queen bed and sleeper. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

2. DSNY4ever

DSNY4ever I am going to keep hunting

We stayed in an OKW studio and there was plenty of floor space. I think it is the largest of the DVC studios. I don't remember if the bed was a queen or king though, we didn't care. The room would definitely be large enough for what you are describing.

3. Pakey

Pakey DIS Veteran

OKW studio has 2 queen beds. All other DVC studios have a queen bed and a double sleeper that may or may not be comfortable for an adult.

A twin air mattress will fit by the entry door.

4. bethp1968

bethp1968 Mouseketeer

The 1 bedroom villas in DVC resorts have a king size bed in the master bedroom and a sleeper sofa (and in some a sleeper chair) in the living room.

5. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

POR has rooms with a Murphy Bed in the Alligator Bayou section that would be great for a five year old. And you could put the pack and play close to the door. And two queen sized beds.

You may be too late to rent points for a December stay this year. December gets booked up early by members. It's hard to change resorts at seven months out.