Best discount on Sheraton Vistana Resort?

The Iron Giant

Keep on Rockin’ in the Disney World
We're considering staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort in the beginning of May.

I'm looking to see if anyone knows how to get the best rate there?

I've found a AAA rate of $159 for a 2 bedroom unit through the hotel's website, but would ideally like to pay less than that.

Any ideas?

I found a rate of 140 Through a site called quickbook dot com. Never booked through them and not sure if all of their two bedrooms are the same as if you put more than 6 people or more than 3 adults it wont let you book there but than it says not to count the kids. So I can't vouch one way or the other and booked through the Sheraton website using their "brighter tomorrows" offer. book one night get the second for 50 off.

Do you have any friends or family that are II (Interval International - timeshare exchange company) members? Interval has been running them for $352 a week for Gold members right now. :) Yesterday they were $332 for the week!!! Interval has had all of their two bedrooms on special for the month of May - even going up $20 today to $352 for the week, it's still a bargain for 7 nights.

For high season (Christmas 2008), we paid $1000 per week for an owner rental in the newly rennovated Fountain section (saw same price for Christmas 2009 too.) For lower season, I've seen $700 or $800 per week asking prices.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
• March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
• March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
• March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
• March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec . 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
• May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
• Dec .1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
• May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
• Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
• March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
• June 2006 – Actually at my cousin’s condo (permanent residence) in Tampa (do day trips count?? – This was a chance to really explore Busch Gardens too.)
• June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo), Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
• Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
• Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

Does anyone know if there is a difference besides price in an owner rental and going though Sheraton direct?

Does anyone know if there is a difference besides price in an owner rental and going though Sheraton direct?

For our Christmas 2008 owner rental (at that time just a few sections were remodeled and we wanted to get a remodeled section), I rented from an owner who owed a unit in the Fountains Phase I (a section where remodeling was completely finished). He gave me the section and the unit number right away. I knew way in advance exactly where I was staying and had a guaranteed unit in the section where he owned. If the section you would like to stay in is important to you, you may want to ask the owner where they own and what section they can get before finalizing the transaction. With the retail rental, you can request where you want to stay, but it is not guaranteed or determined till the week before you arrive or they day you arrive. One time when I was doing a retail rental and had family staying in a particular section that I wanted, I called a few days in advance, and bless their heart, they made an advance assignment for me in the section where my exteneded family was staying. I didn't know if I'd get this, though, till a couple of days before. Usually they just assign a unit the day you will arrive. Most people will ask for the renovated units, but there are many that aren't renovated, so they can't accomodate everyone's request. As, the renovations continue to come along and more and more units are renovated, this will be less of a factor.

Do note that this is a beautiful resort with great landscaping and ammenties, that everyone gets, and all units are large and fine, have great pond views, etc. Most people are OK with non renovated units (they are perfectly fine, but don't compete as well with other units at newer timeshare resorts). The renovated units on the other hand are stunning and compete well with the best condo resorts in the Disney/Orlando area.

20 Trips with # 21 coming up // The boards, though, say I’m just earning my ears.
• March 1971 – KOA closest to Disney (camping)
• March 1972 – Jellystone Park (camping)
• March 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1974 – Outdoor Resorts of American (camping)
• March 1975 – Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1975 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1976 – Fort Wilderness (camping)
• Dec. 1977 -- Outdoor Resorts of America (camping)
• Dec. 1986 – Marriott Royal Palms (condo by Marriott World Center)
• May 1993 – Disney Contemporary (Garden Wing) (hotel)
• Dec. 1994 – Polynesian Isles (condo)
• May 1999 – Disney Contemporary (Main Building with high floor and Magic Kingdom view) (hotel)
• Dec. 2001 – Cypress Pointe (condo)
• March 2003 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• March 2004 – Sheraton Vistana – Cascades section (condo)
• Dec. 2004 -- Cypress Pointe (condo)
• June 2006 – Actually at my cousin’s condo (permanent residence) in Tampa (do day trips count?? – This was a chance to really explore Busch Gardens too.)
• June 2007 – Cypress Point Grandvillas (condo), Disney -- Port Orleans Riverside (hotel), and Sheraton Vistana – Fountains section (condo) – stayed three different places on this trip.
• Dec. 2008 – Sheraton Vistana Resort (remodeled Fountains section) (condo)
• Oct. 2009 – Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld (hotel)
(Will be going again March 2010 – staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Seaworld again)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter