Best dinner entree at Akershus?!

glohoffman

DIS Veteran
We are going to Akershus for the first time in September. I am aware some people aren't fond of the food, but I am a pretty adventurous eater, so while my husband and kids will stick to the basics, I want to know what everyone thinks is the best!!!

Took the family there to eat last april and the options are pretty limited. I had salmon and the wife had meatballs and it wasn't bad but wasn't good if you catch my drift. They also have a small appetizer bar with peel and eat shrimp and some assorted cheeses and I guess typical norwegian fare that wasn't bad. The character interaction was good but the space was very small for what they were trying to do. For 1 TS credit it was a much better deal than CRT but the food wasn't as good either. If the princess's weren't there I doubt they would stay in business though.

I had the braised short ribs and thought they were great! I don't quite remember what DH had (I think meatballs) but he just thought it was ok. The cold salad bar was good, DH likes smoked salmon!

Hopefully on topic, is this anything like the smorgasbord they had before they went 'All Princess, All The Time' , and might it be too kid dominated to appeal to 2 adults?

Thanks,

Bill From PA

I had the meatballs last November and it was one of the best meals of the trip plus our DD3 loved the princess's.

The cold board is pretty nice...a bit more Americanized than it used to be (still has smoked/pickled fish but fewer variety- more lunch meats and cheeses. The entrees used to be quite bad, but have gotten better. The lamb chops WERE good, the problem is the serving was 2 pretty small chops (I don't normally complain about serving size- especially with a buffet included, but it was literally MAYBE 3ounces of meat.) Last trip they had some sort of whitefish filet that was pan seared- WONDERFUL. Actually maybe the best entree I had all week.

Thanks for the responses! I was considering the lamb chops or the meatballs...but I'm unsure of the sauce? Any flavor that it can be compared to? I'm sure the hubby will get the steak if it's still offered when we go, and the kids will get pizza. We are going mainly for the princesses so hopefully the food will 've a pleasant experience as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter