Best DDP CS meals and snacks?

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by JennyMP03, May 2, 2013.

1. JennyMP03

JennyMP03 DIS Veteran

I've been making a list of high-value items to spend our snack credits on. I want to do the same for CS meals-- not that cost always correlates with quality, but I want to spend our credits on good stuff!

I hear people recommend places like Sunshine Seasons, Wolfgang Express, Taingerine Cafe, and Flame Tree BBQ. But I want to know what meals are your favorites at these (and other) places!

Based on years of lurking the boards here and there, here are some snacks I want to try:

• Carrot Cake Cookie
    • Butterfinger Cupcake
    • Fried rice from AK
    • Many more Dole Whip Floats than the one I shared with my husband on our honeymoon
    • Cream cheese or jalapeno pretzel

Please share your favorites, and pictures would be fantastic! And I especially need CS meal recommendations. Thanks so much!

2. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Pepper Market at Coronado Springs was an absolutely wonderful CS. I just saw on AllEars, though, that they've changed from the buffet to ala carte, but the menu still looks good.

The rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Ray's (Magic Kingdom/Tomorrowland) is really good, and a huge plate of food for a CS credit.

Be Our Guest (Fantasyland) is really special. It's a CS credit at lunch, but be prepared to wait a long time in the line.

Sunshine Seasons (Land Pavilion at Epcot) is another favorite of ours. Lots of selection for a CS options. Hint: also consider using a snack credit for a bowl of soup.

3. jcieutat

jcieutat Mouseketeer

Flame Tree BBQ at AK is one of the best bangs for the buck with the QS.
    I like apple crumble cake and you can get it at the MK, it is huge for a snack.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. brertoad

brertoad DIS Veteran

There are higher priced meals at the QS in Japan/Epcot.
    Teriyaki Salmon, or Combo dinner.

Cookes of Dublin has some meals that are $12.95.

Also, there are higher prices meals at Wolfgang Puck Express.

For snacks, the Ice Cream Crepe at France is about $5. Their ice cream is delicious.

Lots of goodies on the menu for snacks at the French Bakery too.

6. VillianDiva

VillianDiva Falling in LOVE with Disney!

Norway Bakery - Sweet Almond Pretzel
    Starring Rolls - Red Velvet Cupcake
    AK - Jalapeno cheese pretzel
    France Bakery - lol pretty much anything!! It's all so good.

7. feistygalkmc

feistygalkmc She lacks the indefinable charm of weakness

For meals some that I have tried and love are :
    Kringla Cafe-Epcot ( LOVE their Norweigan club and the desserts are so good!_
    Sunshine Seasons-Epcot (I've only had the Rotisserie CHicken with carrots and mased potatoes and key lime pie, was really really good and lots of food!)
    Columbia Harbor House-MK (Friend Shrimp platter was delicious!)

Some I have tried and didn't like:
    Flame Tree-Animal Kingdom-I like sweet barbecue sauce, to me this is very tangy and I just didn't care for it.

For snacks, the France bakery is really great. And hit up those egg roll carts! That is if you like egg rolls lol I would say funnell cakes as I love those but I did get one at sleepy hollow and it was way overcooked and cold. So I'm iffy on getting one of those again.

8. JennyMP03

JennyMP03 DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I didn't know about the fried shrimp at Columbia House. Sounds fantastic!