Best DCL Souvenir

bernee

Mouseketeer
Hi All,

Besides photos, what is the one DCL must-have souvenir that I should be saving my pennies for? How much? When is the best time to buy your DCL souvenir?

Thanks,
Renee

My favorite souvenir is a lead crystal block with the Magic in it that DH surprised me with on our last cruise. This one you order with the sailaway gifts from the brochure you get with your documents. Not sure if they sell it on board as we never saw it.

One of the most popular souvenirs is a replica of the ship. It is resin and I think costs about $25. You can buy it at any time but one afternoon/evening they will have the Captain available for signing items you bought and this is a popular one.

The souvenirs I "HAD to have" on our Magic/Wonder cruises were: the resin replica of the ships, photo albums, t-shirts, tote bag, watch, ink pens, Christmas ornaments, coffee mugs...mmm, I THINK that's 'bout it! :) DH bought polo shirts, his favorite is of the ESPN club.

I bought the "Shipmates - Captain Mickey and Minnie" ornament. ($30?)Sits on the windowsill in my sun-lounge. A constant reminder of magical times. Nat:Pinkbounc

my christmas ornament and coffee mug - So when I have my tea every morning, I see Mickey and Minnie!

My favorite from the cruise (and all vacations) is the Christmas ornament. Every year when I decorate my tree I have the greatest memories from each ornament!!!! Of course, it takes me a LONG time to decorate the tree because I have to stop and remember each one. LOL

Diane

our favorite souvenir from whereever we travel is a fridge magnet...
our fridge is covered with magnets from all over the world...disney and the real one...
it's a lot of fun and keeps the memories alive....

Our favorite souvenir is the resin model of the ship (ours is the Wonder from our first cruise). The Captain will even sign it with a special marker during his signing session. Every time I look at it I want to be on it!

Also, the photo album they sell on ship. It says Disney Cruise Line and it's nice to put your pictures in something with their emblem.

My favorite are the resin model of the ship and the coffee mug that looks like the stack on the ship.

I love a wood picture frame that is dark wood and engraved with the DCL logo and year. I put a great photo in it and everytime I walk by it in my greatroom I smile.

I also love the photo album my sister got us and saved for Christmas it has a place to put a picture on the outside and then is full of photo's in the pouches on the inside.

I also have to say DU's gift to the cabin which I won't say in the event they are still giving it and it is a surprise is very nice.

We use part of it everyday and my boys love to relive the memories with it. It is a very nice and thoughtful gift!

B&W Mom

I support our troops :earsgirl:

Originally posted by disneyholic family
our favorite souvenir from whereever we travel is a fridge magnet...
our fridge is covered with magnets from all over the world...disney and the real one...

You and my wife... but I have to admit it's probably one of the cheapest souvenirs one could buy and they last longer than t-shirts and toys.

Sam

My best souvenir is, hands down, that my 4-year-old son has come up to me each and everyday (some days multiple times) and said - at this point he has the big eyed sincere look only a 4-year-old can give - "Daddy, thank you very much for taking us on the Disney cruise." It melts my heart and makes every penny we paid the best investment I have ever made.:D

Question - do they have any kind of toddler/infant bathtub toys of the Magic/Wonder ship????

Sam..
well we get the t-shirts and hats too...my son has been known for years in his school for wearing nothing but disney tshirts (until this year, when they were replaced by funny sayings tshirts)...
but the magnets are as you say, cheap and easy...and we have them from every city and every country we've visited since we started this silly habit of ours....(about 10 years ago)....and we don't lose them...they're right there...on the fridge...
the stupidest thing of all is that when i had to buy a new fridge this year, one of the things i demanded was a door that could hold magnets.....kinda dumb to be sure...but i like kitsch better than house beautiful any day...at least when it comes to our fridge....

They do have a crystal replica of the ship. I debated the entire cruise about buying it and decided against it. I spent way too much money on pictures and I figured that was enough along with my picture frame and ornament and postcards.

I remeber on the Magic in last fall that they had a "rubber like boat" with characters in the gift shop in the toy section. Looked like it could be used for bath or pool/beach use. They had a lot of cute things in the toys section. I always give my boys a set amount and let them pick something out of other day of so..........I have learned to take my own beach and pool toys by buying them at Wal-mart of the $1.00 and on the last day donate them to the kids area on Castaway Cay so I don't have to haul them back !

My very favorite souvineer is the sailor mickey and sailor minnie plush that I bought for my daughter. Each was a surprise waiting for her on her pillow on seperate cruises.

Now they sit together on her pillow , and every day when I make her bed they bring a smile to my face as I think to myself:

"see ya real soon"!!!!!:crazy:

How much do all these things cost?...Gotta budget more money::yes::

That is something I forgot. The "Scuba Mickey" :D both of my boys have one in their rooms and LOVE him. It is a small stuffed Mickey Mouse with a yellow scuba gear outfit :earsgirl:

The most handy souvenier was the Excursion Kit (from the brochure). The bag in the kit helped bring home the other souveniers I picked up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter