Best CS meal in or near DHS?

TiffanyK

DIS Veteran
What's our best option of a CS meal in or near DHS? It will be just 2 adults and we don't mind getting out of the park to a nearby resort or DTD for a while.

Thanks!

Are you using the Dining Plan or paying OOP? If you are using the Dining Plan, hands down, Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. This is a CS. IF OOP, I would do Earl of Sandwich at DTD. IMO, DHS does not have many food options. If you decided to stay in the park the best place to eat CS is starring Rolls.

any suggestions for CS close to DHS without going to DTD. Any of the Epcot resorts/Boardwalk have good CS options?

I've been wondering the same thing. I'm not totally opposed to leaving HS to eat but where's the quickest place to go and the best way to get there?
'Cus there isn't a direct route from HS to DTD, right?

We LOVE the Sunshine Ranch Market

You have several OUTDOOR Options there (Between RNR and TOT and near B&B and Fantasmic)

Fairfax Faire
Rosies
Eddie's with the BEST ITalian sandwich ever..

Etc...

Not good in inclement weather but it's a wonderful place with a LOT of options...

Hugs
Mary

Are you using the Dining Plan or paying OOP? If you are using the Dining Plan, hands down, Wolfgang Puck Express at DTD. This is a CS. IF OOP, I would do Earl of Sandwich at DTD. IMO, DHS does not have many food options. If you decided to stay in the park the best place to eat CS is starring Rolls.

I agree with this. WGPE (marketplace location, by lego), is by far the best CS EVER. The food has been consistently phenomenal every time. If paying OOP, maybe you could try Earl/Sandwich. But thats only IF youre paying OOP. If youre on the DP, i'd skip Earl.

Back to the subject, at HS the CS options are awful. I've been to backlot express a few times because of my son, and its not too bad. It did the trick. But its not amazing. Pizza Planet sucks beyond words. Terrible pizza. Starring Rolls sandwiches are good, but you get to get there early enough. By the afternoon i think theyre all gone or they close early, or something like that. Not sure when Hurricane Hanna's is open from refurbishment, but you could take the boat to the boardwalk and try that?

We feel most CS places in DHS are just average. We discovered Backlot Express. We have ate at Rosie's, Eddies, ABC Commissary, & pizza Planet.

If you do not want to leave DHS, I would go here. It is located next to Star Tours, they have a drink refill station inside. There is outdoor & indoor seating. We like it and will return during our next trip.

I would not leave DHS to go to DTD for a CS meal. If you drove it would take up to 1.5 to 2 hours and if taking Disney transportation around 2 to 3 since you will have to walk to a Boardwalk area resort to catch a bus to DTD.

For me it would have to be a very special TS meal but again we are OK with DHS CS. We aren't foodies. :thumbsup2

Not exactly counter service, but I would take the boat over to Beach Club and eat at Beaches and Cream. Basic soda shop faire, but a fun atmosphere.

It is technically table service, but it is a cheaper option table service if you are paying out of pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter