Best condo pool?

ozres

Earning My Ears
Heading to WDW in late October for the first time in almost 20 years and this time I'm a parent with children! I'm looking for a 2-bedroom condo. I've found lots of availability on sites like VRBO.

But, which properties have good pools? We're looking for something more than the usual rectangle. Something with a water slide, etc would be great. The DSs (ages 7 and 10) are "avid" swimmers and we're not planning on doing the water parks at Disney.

Thanks,
Marla

Based on some of the places we have stayed, I would recommend Marriott's Grande Vista (water cannons but no slides) or Marriott Horizons.

A couple other ones would be Orange Lake Resort (which I just talked about in another post) and one which I just came back from two weeks ago which is Regal Palms (further from Disney than the others ) which had a beautiful pool area with an awesome waterslide and 3 foot lazy river. We rented a 4 bedroom townhouse for $109 a night including all the taxes.

Of all these I think Orange Lake and Regal Palms had the best pools. Orange Lakes condos were decorated nicer than Regal Palms and is closer to the parks. But...Regal Palms is really only another 5 minutes past Orange Lake so I would recommend either of these. The condos at Regal Palms are townhouses which is two floors. The one we rented was very clean, just more sparsely decorated in boring tan...everything...including all the walls and furniture. But that being said I have already booked the same one for February since the pool area was so nice.

Orange Lakes villas are on one floor with the two bedrooms separated across a hall from each other. They are decorated in cheerful, bright colors. They were, however, over $150 more a night!

Just a few suggestions that I hope might be of some help.

Happy planning!
HeatherC

My vote is for the Regal Palms pool complex in Davenport! :cool1:
A really cool Lazy River that winds around the complex, under a bridge...a zero depth entry to the pool, a fun twisty slide, a "quieter" pool that is seperated from the lazy river pool area...but in the pool complex...and a hot tub! The bar and grill will also bring lunch and drinks out to you! We have already booked our vacation for next Jan/Feb with the private owner we went through this year! Love Love Love it! :love:

spiceycat said:
these plus the ones that heather mentioned are timeshares.
Regal Palms units are condos and are individually owned. We stayed there in June and went into the model units just to be nosy. There is no sales pressure at all, however.

Here's a link to the Regal Palms photo page so you can see some nice shots of their beautiful pool:

http://www.regal-palms.net/pictures.htm

I'm looking at your recommendations as we speak! The pools at the Regal Palms look great. I'm heading to Orange Lake now.

Any more ideas?

Marla

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter