**Best Concierge Service - Calling All Experts!**

DisneyaHolic23

DIS Veteran
have only been able to stay concierge level once at Disney World - at the Polynesian. We had a great experience, and I was impressed with their offerings. However, I also stayed at the Grand Californian, concierge level, and was very disappointed. They just didn't offer the same level of services, the food offerings were meager, I felt like they didn't trust us because we had to ask for beverages, and it was more costly than the Poly. So...

What is, in your opinion, the best concierge level service at the World? Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful replies!

I have a question about concierge service as well - have any of them started to offer beer??? I know a whole campaign went down awhile back about this, but I never heard anything about it afterwards.

I've tried GF, BWI and AKL concierge's so far (trying YC and Poly this summer!). GF had the most extensive food offerings, but frankly the service sucked. BWI was extremely friendly, and very "home like". It was almost more like a B&B type atmoshere than a huge resort. They had the smallest food offering (but it was still very good!) THe AKL has by far the most impressive lounge area and very helpful staff. THe food offerings were less than GF, greater than BWI.

All that said, I think I had the best experience by far at the AKL. It was fabulous! THe BWI has a better location, and the rooms are slithgly larger, but the entire experience a tthe AKL was better.

Anne

Just bumping this up as I would like to hear MORE!! We have decided to stay Poly Concierge level and I am trying to find out allllll that I can!!
Thanks!

I have stayed at YC concierge twice and Poly concierge twice, and the GF rpc only for one night.
my favorite is the YC concierge!!! the staff is incredibly friendly, they make you feel so welcome, & comfortable!!! the food offerings are quite extensive and the lounge is elegant yet comfy!

the Poly concierge lounge is huge and comfortable, the food is good too, a pretty good variety, although I prefer the YC lounge, and the YC has more stuff out during the afternoon hours, such as chips & salsa, popcorn, pretzels, an app of some sort, fruit, and cookies. the poly has only cookies and gummy worms all afternoon. also, I found the Poly concierge to be less than inviting, we remained unknown and nameless during both of our stays, and we made the same efforts to be cordial and friendly with both staffs, the YC was just so much more friendly and helpful!

many people love the Poly concierge, I just find that the YC is better in service and all around!

I cant say much on the GF as it was only one night at RPC, so it wouldnt really be fair to judge, it was nice, the lounge is beautiful, and the whole experience of staying in the main building is wonderful, but I have a feeling that the cm's arent as friendly as at the YC! :)

Laura :)

I've stayed on concierge at Contemp, YC, Poly & AKL and by far AKL is the best. Food offerings, service and friendly CMs!

Have done the GF's RPC a couple times. It was okay.

Have done the YC's concierge once. It was okay.

Have done the CR's once. It was okay.

Have done the AKL's twice and both times were beyond excellent. My vote is for the AKL. Their lounge is lovely and their staff is topnotch.

We've done BWI, BC, & Polynesian. I rank them from least to best.

I agree with the post above about the YC/BC food offerings being more extensive during the afternoon service. I'd even go so far as to say the evening service had a bit more to choose from as well. What I didn't like at BC was the lounge closing for periods of time throughout the day; being required to ask for waters, sodas, etc.; and the menu didn't vary from day-to-day.

The Polynesian has a very nice selection of breakfast items (alas, no Krispy Kremes as the BC did); the afternoon service is limited BUT if you ask for something you will--more than likely--be accommodated AND the lounge is open 24/7 with sodas/water always available; and the menu for evening service changes daily. The desserts at both were good and the selection of cordials during the night service were comparable.

As to the CMs at both, I felt the BC CMs were extremely cordial but I didn't really get the feeling they had a clue who we were. Because of our repeat visits to Polynesian, at least we're a vague memory to those of longstanding service (namely, Chef Dick who never seems to forget a face).

I have also found the lounge staff to be much more helpful at Polynesian. For example, I like tomato juice at breakfast. It is not a juice kept in stock at either BC or Polynesian. At the Polynesian I asked for it on the first day and someone fetched it that a.m. AND it was there every morning thereafter waiting on me! I didn't have to ask--it was brought to me when I seated myself for breakfast. That's service! At BC, I asked about tomato juice and was told they didn't carry it--no offer to locate one OR to stock it for the duration of my stay.

I will concede the CMs at the desks run hot and cold at the Polynesian. There are some very good people there and some less than stellar people, too. Frankly, there are ways to voice your displeasure about attitude without causing a major scene. Further, if you encounter a CM who is giving you attitude, I've found the concierge manager(s) very willing to listen. That said, I should note that in our five visits to Polynesian, I've experienced only ONE individual with whom I was displeased. Sadly, that person was still there a couple of years ago, but happily he wasn't present last year, and my fingers are crossed our paths don't meet this year either. He wasn't so much rude as lazy and what I would deem "snooty".

I agree with the BWI posts, nice--nothing memorable.

As to luvpooh's inquiry--our campaign to have beer reinstated into the concierge service has fallen upon deaf ears. We've resigned ourselves to the grocery stop on the way to supply ourselves with our adult beverage of choice. I will, however, continue to voice our preference each visit and, who knows--someone might listen some day! ;)

We've stayed Club Levl at The Contemporary, The Polynesian, The Grand Floridian, and I stayed once in a Business Class Room at Coronado Springs that came with a Concierge Lounge.

We only stayed one night Atrium Club at the Contemporary, so I don't want to be unfair in my review. I have to say this one is at the bottom of the list though. Of course a nice view (The parking lot can distract sometimes), but the staff wasn't around all that much, and I felt the offerings weren't as up to par with the other resorts.

The King Kamehameha Club at The Polynesian, in my opinion, is one of the best Club Levels Disney has to offer. By far the most hearty/amount of offerings that I've had so far at Disney World, and Disneyland for that matter (I've stayed Club Level at both The Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier). The service was wonderful, the food and beverage delicious, and the view for not only fireworks, but just in general is hard to beat. Not to mention extremely spacious and roomy. We'll be staying Club Level here again in July.

The Grand Floridian holds a special place in my heart, and we were so excited to finally stay Royal Palm Club in the Main Building. It definitely did not disappoint. The food and beverage offerings were plentiful/delicious, and whereas I didn't find them as hearty as The King Kamehameha Club, they were different from anywhere else I've stayed. I have to say the alcohol offerings were the best, and easiest to access at The Grand Floridian. Instead of just putting cordials out in the evening, they actually had someone on hand pouring for you. Not JUST cordials either. As moslty always at The Grand, the service was great. The resort is just so beautiful that for me, you always feel pampered and relaxed, ESPECIALLY staying Club Level.

Lastly, I have to say the Business Class Concierge Lounge at Coronado Springs was such a pleasant surprise. If I recall, it did close fairly early, and is much smaller than most regular Club Lounges. That being said, I was in town for work purposes, and was just staying there for a few days. I found myself not needing or wanting to go get much more food because I was completely satisfied with the snack offerings in the lounge. Great wine and beer options as well. It was along the lines of veggies, crackers, dips, cheeses, meats, one or two hot offerings, cookies, etc.. There was a Nespresso Machine as in most of the lounges, and the staff was very attentive.

I hope everyone's reviews and opinions can give you an idea of what you're looking for :).

There's no beer at the club level offerings?! I thought afternoons had beer and wine available at all CLs. Is this a recent change? (I know it was an offering out here in DL at GCH in Dec. but GCH is the extent of my CL knowledge.)

There's no beer at the club level offerings?! I thought afternoons had beer and wine available at all CLs. Is this a recent change? (I know it was an offering out here in DL at GCH in Dec. but GCH is the extent of my CL knowledge.)

Not sure which post this is response to, but yes there is beer at all of them as far as I know. Definitely all the ones I've been to. What I was saying is, in my opinion The Grand has the easiest process for accessing liquor whenever you wanted.

Not sure which post this is response to, but yes there is beer at all of them as far as I know. Definitely all the ones I've been to. What I was saying is, in my opinion The Grand has the easiest process for accessing liquor whenever you wanted.
Phew! I must have gotten confused sorry :)

Well, that can happen when you respond to a fourteen year old thread ;)

Seriously. Disboards should simply delete old threads..I have done this too.. happens when you google a question and take that thread. sometimes you dont realize the date until later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter