Best close-by offsite restaurants

I read an awesome Florida food blog: http://watch-me-eat.blogspot.com/

At the bottom of the posts, there are tags based on location, so you can find one tagged 'Orlando' and see pictures of entrees.

Ohh! A reader of my blog! :cool1:

Since I'm here, here's my thoughts. For Italian, go for Giordanos, but only if you order a stuffed pizza. It's the one thing they seem to do well, and the rest of the food I've tried there honestly sucks. Pacino's on 192 also has pretty good Italian food at prices equivalent to an Olive Garden...
Giordanos
Pacinos

For Chinese, without driving too far, do Ming Court on I-Drive. Prices are good for lunch although a little on the high side for dinner, but still cheaper than a Disney restaurant. It's a very cool place with koi ponds, musicians, dragons hanging from the ceiling, and good food. If you don't mind driving further, visit the Mills-50 District just outside Downtown Orlando. It's Orlando's biggest asian neighborhood, filled with lots and lots of Vietnamese, Chinese, and Japanese restaurants, supermarkets, and stores. Food is almost always good around here and the prices are great! And it might be worth it to see a part of Orlando that isn't advertised to the tourists...
Ming Court

And here's a few from Mills-50:
Little Saigon
Ginza Japanese Steakhouse
Pho 88

For American, try the Market Street Cafe in Celebration. It's a foux diner type place with pretty good food.
Market Street Cafe

Also, skip Sweet Tomatoes in my opinion. It's not worth dealing with the crazy crowds that this place gets at their Disney/I-Drive locations for what is basically a fancier Sizzler. For buffets, nobody can compete with the ones on Disney property, although you'll be paying for that...

WatchMeEat,

Nice, a local :goodvibes

I was wondering what are the best seafood places in Orlando. Disney is overpriced, and I'd rather support local businesses so where do the locals go for good seafood?

Any good seafood places by the Kennedy Space Center?

Thanks

We always hit up the Olive Garden and sometimes Buffalo Wild Wings. I also believe there is a Giordanos pizza further on International Drive. Happy eating.

WatchMeEat,

Nice, a local :goodvibes

I was wondering what are the best seafood places in Orlando. Disney is overpriced, and I'd rather support local businesses so where do the locals go for good seafood?

Any good seafood places by the Kennedy Space Center?
Thanks

!!!!Dixie Crossroads!!!! We have been going for years. Absolutely love the place!!

We also ate at Romano's Macaroni Grill. It is just outside of the DTD area. Go out the hotel plaza blvd and turn left. I got the make your own pasta meal. It was your typical italian chain food but I thought it was good.

http://www.macaronigrill.com/Menu/Menu.aspx?UnitId=410.002.0081

Macaroni Grill had been a favorite of ours for many years. But they kept changing the menu & removing the unique things we liked until we got down to a very good,simple spaghetti & meatballs as the one really trustworthy item we enjoyed. Then we got a bad batch - or at least we thought so. The pasta was thick & chewy, the meatballs tough & sauce tasteless. But once can be a fluke so we returned again & again - same thing! They changed the menu/products once too often and for the worse so that chain is now off our list. Olive Garden - on the other side of the street - is much better and less expensive. Too bad, we really used to like MG. No more.

Overlooking the city street or courtyard garden, the Art Gallery Hotel provided the core of the living space. Art Gallery showcases a variety of modern and traditional art forms in Cambodia by way of interactive and thought-stimulating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter