best cheapy cheapy hotel to stay in

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by grumpy&princess, Jul 9, 2012.

1. grumpy&princess

grumpy&princess DIS Veteran

we are going in december and wanted nothing fancy. i just want a place to lay my head. I dont use a pool, and dont care about amenities just want a really cheap place to sleep since there is 8 of us going i know i need 2 rooms.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Candleshoe

Candleshoe Trying to build a better mousetrip.

Why not try Priceline? :)

4. houseful of boys

houseful of boys Mouseketeer

I highly recommend clarion inn lake Buena vista. Often, they will run specials for under $60/night. I've stayed here a couple of times, and have always had success.

5. Candleshoe

Candleshoe Trying to build a better mousetrip.

I just happen to be reading a Trip Report on easyWDW.

Here's an except (because it's picture heavy and you may not want to look through it).

But you really SHOULD look through it because there are some really cute pictures in there. :goodvibes

6. grumpy&princess

grumpy&princess DIS Veteran

How about the Days Inn & Suites Clermont? Has anyone stayed there? I can get both rooms for a total of $600

7. Sparkie

Sparkie DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn for $26/night. (including continential breakfast for 4 adults)

Now, I know what you are thinking.... but really it was clean. The rooms were very basic and about the size of rooms at Disney Value resorts. Beds were full size, mattresses were a little firm. The biggest perk.... going out of the hotel.... take a left, go 2 red lights, take a left, and you are on Disney property at Hotel Boulevard heading toward Downtown Disney.

We are staying there again this summer. The summer rate was $28/night.

Just google Rodeway Inn Kissimmee.

8. StuckInKS

StuckInKS DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Best Western in Kissimmee for a few nights on our 2010 trip and, for $33/night, we were pleasantly surprised. It was clean, the rooms were decently sized (I think they were bigger than Disney values), they had a restaurant (2 kids eat free with paid adult) that serves a full breakfast buffet and an arcade for the kids. There was also a pretty decent sized pool, but we didn't swim. I think we got it off of Hotwire.

Edit to add: the front desk staff were very nice and helpful.

9. doris1976

doris1976 Mouseketeer

The farther south you go down 192 in Kissimmee from I-4, the cheaper the hotel. Some of these are around 17 to 20 night. Look online, find a map, and good luck.

10. anorman

anorman Florida Dreaming

Why not try the Seralago in Kissimmee. We stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it. I would happily go back there again. Nice pools. Loved the very reasonably priced breakfast buffet. The rooms were clean and had a small kitchenette complete with fridge and microwave. We had a great stay! They even have kids suites with a separate room that can accommodate 3 children if you have kids with you. Check it out on their website http://www.seralagohotel.com/index.php

11. nessz79

nessz79 DIS Veteran

If you'll be at Universal, Days Inn International is very close. It's definitely run-down, but I found it tolerable. We have paid as little as $29/night.