Best burger in universal area

dsmom

DIS Veteran
i am starting to plan our September trip, our son's 18th birthday trip and he can eat his weight in burgers. Does anyone have any recommendations for a really good burger for him?
I already have Dick's Last resort planned because it just looked like so much fun in Gina's TR. Has anyone done Fudruckers lately? We ate there years ago and he liked it.

Fudruckers we thought were very greasy.......but it was a couple of years ago we last went.

Within Universal we thought Cowfish burgers were nicest...........my DH loves the Bula Bar/Jakes burgers........but...........

Best burger we have eaten was Teak Neighbourhood Grill..........

http://teakorlando.com/lunch-dinner/

Fantastic place with excellent food.........can be noisy some nights with live music, but other times it's fine. Lunch is quite quiet too.........the burgers really are fabulous.......haven't tasted a nicer one yet. Roughly a five minute drive from Universal..........very local place.....friends of ours who work at Universal live opposite and it was them that told us about it years ago.

They also have a "not so secret" menu........it used to be hardly anyone knew about it when we first started going, now anyone can ask for it.......just more burgers with a variety of tastes.

Thanks saskdw. We went to Hard Rock Cafe couple of visits ago and loved it, will have to add it as we did not get burgers on that visit.

Schumigirl and Mac, Teak sounds incredible, we will definitely give it a try. That doughnut burger sounds very interesting.

Doughnut burger was lush!!!

We don't plan.......but that is one thing I plan to have again.......at least once........the sweet doughnut with the hot jalapeños is just the perfect combination for me! Love sweet and spicy!

Very nice, friendly place too.

Onsite I've heard great things about Cowfish, hoping to try this time.

Teak is about 10 minutes drive from Universal and is in a nice residential area. We went twice one trip, DH liked it that much. Sat on patio both times. Prices are very reasonable. Do ask for the secret burger menu.

They do a challenge for about $40 but the wall of fame only had a few successes on it! My DH is a big bloke and can eat. He had the Heart of Teak one time which is half of a challenge and couldn't manage all that. The half challenge was $20. Made for a good photo.

IMG-20141024-WA0000.jpg

Fuddruckers was ok but not in same league.

Doughnut burger was lush!!!

We don't plan.......but that is one thing I plan to have again.......at least once........the sweet doughnut with the hot jalapeños is just the perfect combination for me! Love sweet and spicy!

Very nice, friendly place too.

Thanks for the confirmation, my husband thinks I'm crazy, will definitely try it!

Onsite I've heard great things about Cowfish, hoping to try this time.

Teak is about 10 minutes drive from Universal and is in a nice residential area. We went twice one trip, DH liked it that much. Sat on patio both times. Prices are very reasonable. Do ask for the secret burger menu.

They do a challenge for about $40 but the wall of fame only had a few successes on it! My DH is a big bloke and can eat. He had the Heart of Teak one time which is half of a challenge and couldn't manage all that. The half challenge was $20. Made for a good photo.

IMG-20141024-WA0000.jpg

Fuddruckers was ok but not in same league.

Adding Cowfish to my list. Walked by it last trip, it looked interesting.

Oooooh! A food challenge!? I'll have to let my son try. He is tiny but can EAT! His record so far is five 6 ounce burgers at one sitting.

By the way I LOVE your trip reports.

Carole, next year we have to return to Teaks.........

mark that on your calendar.

Funny, DH brought up their website earlier............think he was choosing his burgers for this year........lol.......

Definitely!!! It's a place I could visit many times each visit..........

I am looking forward to going back to Cowfish on our next trip for another The Cowfish Has Officially Left the Building burger. Will add Teak to our list of places to check out, too.

If you want a relatively cheap but not necessarily gourmet burger, go over to Krusty Burger and try the Clogger Burger, $12.99
Two 6 oz burger patties topped with applewood smoke bacon, Secret Sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, a giant tomato slice & iceberg lettuce, served on a specialty bun served with a heap of curly fries

Not the best burger, but it is a tradition for our first night. We love the atmosphere and the margaritas. We always have to have a Cheeseburger in Paradise at Margaritaville on our first night.

We are going to have to try Teaks on this next trip.

If you want a relatively cheap but not necessarily gourmet burger, go over to Krusty Burger and try the Clogger Burger, $12.99
Two 6 oz burger patties topped with applewood smoke bacon, Secret Sauce, cheddar cheese sauce, a giant tomato slice & iceberg lettuce, served on a specialty bun served with a heap of curly fries

Have you tried it? Is the secret sauce spicy? It sounds great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter