Best Budget hair care and self tanner???

Mickeys.friend

Too far from the fun!!!!
I really could use some help with the following....good Summer hair care products and self tanner. I do not go to a salon...I have cut my own hair since I was a teenager (over 20 years), I cut all my children's hair as well as my husbands, and I groom my own eyebrows, etc...so, I am NEVER in a salon looking at hair products....I just buy dept. store and drug store brands. However, my hair needs some help...not sure if it's getting older (I'm only 37) or haywire hormones after the last pregnancy, but I need a change. Lately the regular products are leaving me dry and a bit frizzy...nothing crazy but enough to not be happy. My hair is auburn, naturaly curly/wavy and past my shoulders but not much...I swim in chlorine a lot in the Summer. I like my curls and do not want to use anything that flattens....Can anyone recommend some shampoos/conditioners/styling products that are not TOOO expensive? I am willing to try any kind from anywhere. I am also interested in a self tanner that does not leave you looking like the inside of a baked sweet potato. I don't do real tanning(in fact I should bu stock in sun screen)...for many of the common reasons...and well with auburn hair...you can guess I am whitey whitey pants with freckles.:laughing: But, I must admit on occasion I like a little color....what do you suggest??? :confused3Thanks so much!!!

LIZ

Budget hair products: I really Sauve Professional series shampoo and conditioner. The just came out with a few new formulas. They basically knock-off popular designer products like Nexxus, Aveda and Paul Mitchell. As far as styling products, check out TRESemme. They have a huge selection at great prices. One last budget hair product, Aussie's 3 minute miracle conditioning treatment. Swoon.

Self Tanner: I've tried them ALL (no sun for me either) and you don't want to go too cheap on this stuff. I suggest using the Jergens gradual tanning lotion. You're less likely to get scary orange spots if you build up your tan gradually.

Well, I can't speak for the conditioner, but as for the self tanner, I just bought bare escentuals Faux Tan and LOVE it. I live in Florida and right near the beach and have tanned my whole life. Now that I'm ...(gasp)....40!!!! I'm finding it not so advantageous to be in the sun. This stuff is as close as you can get to a natural color. It comes with a brush so you can apply it streak free and keep it off your hands. I've applied it twice. First time I got too much on my feet, but the second time, I saved my feet till last and just used the brush with just what product was left on it. Worked great. I got it on QVC. It's pricey. I bought 16 ounces as a Today's Special Value for 44.00. Not cheap but worth every penny.

I recently used Banana Boat's self tanning lotion on my legs and it looked pretty good. I got lax about applying it though, and it's mostly worn off. I got the Fair/Medium or whatever it's called and it looks natural. I was shocked to see my pasty white legs be, well, not pasty white! It takes a couple of hours for the color to "develop", so when they say wait 3 hours after applying to apply more, they mean it!

For hair, my hair is the opposite of yours-fine and has an annoying wave (It looks like I got caught sideways in a windstorm-one side flips under, one flips out!). I use Suave Professionals for Blondes and it's quite nice. I also have a Sunsilk gel/foam combo I use if I'm trying to actually style it.

I just started using the Fruictis (sp?) line of products for my hair .. I think it's the smooth and sleek line or something similar.
The shampoo is great as well as the melting conditioner (in a tube),
and the 3 minute conditioner. I think they run around $3-4 a bottle.
If you can find Argon oil (http://www.amazon.com/One-Only-Arga...sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1274922876&sr=1-6) that is good also.
For styling I use CHI products (my local store had them on sale) and
I also use the CHI Hair Pliable Polish http://www.amazon.com/CHI-Pliable-P...sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1274922501&sr=8-2
as the last step after I blow dry my hair.
My hair is wavy/curly and I've also used the wavy mousse by Fruictis and it works great when I want to let my hair air dry.
For tanning I've been using the Ocean Potion, but not totally thrilled.
The best tanning lotion (while price) is the Dave's Famous http://famousdavestanner.com/.
I've gotten mine off of ebay. (he has a store on ebay).
Next best would be Jergens.

I also have the curly hair until just recently it was middle of my back LOVE the aussie mega products......

I have very thick, curly hair. It has become frizzy since I turned 40. I just started using vo5 curling creme. It helps define the curl and eliminates most of the frizz. I find that it holds the style well without needing any hair spray. When my hair gets messy I can just run my hands through it and it falls back into place. I like it because it is a very light product and non drying. I have gotten several compliments on my "beautiful Curls" since I started using it. I also use argon oil to condition it. I use whatever shampoo is on sale.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter