Best Breakfast on Property?

DerekV914

Earning My Ears
So my DGF and I are going to be in Disney from 9/24-10/1 this year, and won't be doing too many ADR's because we're going to be enjoying F&W for most of our days. (Never been to F&W before, but we are both insanely excited to be able to go this year) That being said, we do have our four favorite meals for dinner all set. We will be doing Jiko for my birthday, Rose and Crown, Il Mulino and California Grill. However, we would love to do one or maybe two really good breakfasts. We have done Chef Mickey's before and thought it was awesome for the kiddos in the group, but thought the food was mediocre at best so we wouldn't be looking to return there, but are there any can't miss breakfasts? Heard good things about Boma buffet and GFC. I know I can look at the menus and all, but I'd love some first hand experiences/opinions! Any thoughts or suggestions for us? THANKS!!

Thanks guys! I should've mentioned that I'm very much an eggs and potatoes kind of guy while my DGF is very much into the pancakes/french toast/sweets kind of breakfast. I don't know if that changes anyones thoughts. Thanks again!

Kona is really good, but we love the Boma buffet. I might have added the CP pre opening breakfast too, but I just can't handle characters before I've had my caffeine fix in the morning. :coffee:

We LOVE Boma for breakfast, it is truly exceptional! Also GFC for the atmosphere and the eggs Benedict!! In the parks, a pre park opening Crystal Palace breakfast is something special and the food first thing in the morning is VERY good. It is pure Disney magic to walk down main street before the park is open! Along the same lines is a pre park opening for Tusker House, it is also very good but we prefer CP.
Kona, eh... We have shared the Big Kahuna a few times and it is average. Nothing special. The Tonga toast IS something special but know that you can get it for 1/2 the cost in the Polys quick service, Captain Cooks. It will not have the strawberry compote, up to you if that is worth double the price.

On our last trip we did the grand floridian cafe,trails end buffet,kona cafe,and the wave (has both a buffet and ala cart) all were fantastic. We particularly loved the wave. We did the buffet which had sweet potato pancakes:thumbsup2

Kouzzina has great breakfasts! When it closes on the last day of September, many of their entrees will be served at Flying Fish beginning on October 1st.

Boma is our favorite by far! It's become a last day tradition. Since we fly and thus, don't know when/if we'll be fed again, we always go to Boma and stuff ourselves silly before leaving for the airport. Pecan Praline bread pudding-Mmmmm!

Captain's Grill is great because you can choose a buffet or order off the menu. They have delicious bread pudding.

Kona has Tonga Toast, which my french toast loving husband absolutely loves.

Boma is our favorite by far! It's become a last day tradition. Since we fly and thus, don't know when/if we'll be fed again, we always go to Boma and stuff ourselves silly before leaving for the airport. Pecan Praline bread pudding-Mmmmm!

Agreed! :thumbsup2

We were staying at the beach Club last month so we had our last day breakfast at the Captain's Grille in the Yacht Club. It was terrific! I had the lobster omelet with a side of grits and my boyfriend had the Eggs Benedict with a side of turkey sausage. We washed everything down with Bloody Marys and Mimosas! We are definitely going back in September when we're staying at the Boardwalk Inn.

In November are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so we are anxious to try the Boma breakfast buffet on our departure day.

Another vote for Kona. Egg fix can be covered with Samoan (pulled pork eggs benedict), while pancake/french toast are can be covered with tonga toast or pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.

If going buffet. Boma and Cape May are our favorites.

Thanks guys! I should've mentioned that I'm very much an eggs and potatoes kind of guy while my DGF is very much into the pancakes/french toast/sweets kind of breakfast. I don't know if that changes anyones thoughts. Thanks again!

You guys sound like my fiance and I, and we love Tusker House. Very cool atmosphere, and lots of eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries for him and french toast and donuts for me ;)

My 2 favorite breakfasts on property are Boma and the Wave. At Boma, I love the grilled tomatoes and the chocolate pastries, plus the mixed fruit juice is delish. At the Wave, we loved the sweet potato pancakes, and my husband loved the key lime eggs benedict. Everything was fresh and good, and it was such a respite from the typical Disney frenzy.

We have done Cape May and it is a good character buffet, but not a culinary revelation.

We have done Crystal Palace buffet too, and while there are more interesting items there, its wild popularity makes it a bit frenzied for my taste.

We have done Whispering Canyon ... it's good, if standard.

We did Kona once, and were soundly unimpressed. No one ordered the Tonga Toast so maybe that was the problem, but my omelet, toast and potatoes were just not very good.

This trip, we're trying the Captain's Grill, and I've read a lot of good reviews - sounds like they have some unique items on the menu and the buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!