Best Bread in Orlando for Peanut Allergy

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by antree, Oct 31, 2013.

1. antree

antree DIS Veteran

Hi, Leaving tomorrow for Disney:banana: I will be going to Publix for a few things. My son has a Peanut and Tree Allergy, what is the best bread to get? I know I can bring bread from home, but I also know it will get crushed, we are flying. So If you have a Peanut and Tree nut Allergy what bread do you use>

TIA

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. SueM in MN

SueM in MN combining the teacups with a roller coaster Moderator

What type of bread are you looking for?
    If it's plain white bread, those don't contain peanuts and most of those are made in plants that don't use any peanuts/tree nuts.

If it's some kind of whole grain bread, some of those do t have nuts as an ingredient, but are made in plants that use nuts. So, they could contain small amounts of nuts accidentally.

Do you have a brand at home that is a national brand? If so, it is probably also sold in Orlando.

4. lovethattink

lovethattink DIS Veteran

5. DCDisney

DCDisney On my way...

I use Pepperidge Farms Farm House bread-white, wheat, or oatmeal.

6. laughinplace199

laughinplace199 <font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><

We always order groceries from gardengrocer.com. My DD has a peanut/tree nut allergy and we always buy "store brand" white and wheat bread. We've also bought Thomas and Pepperidge Farm bagels.

7. cinderella73

cinderella73 <font color=magenta>I stand for strollers at wdw a

I realize its a little late to be much of a help to the OP but the Kings Hawaiian Rolls are that are sold at Publix, usually in the deli section on a endcap, and come in subroll size , hamburger bun, and sandwich rolls , are safe. They have sweet bread and buttery and are all peanut and tree nut safe. They come in small 4 packs and larger sizes. If you call the company they will even send you coupons for a free loaf and we even received a nice personal letter to my son letting him know t was safe and a entire loaf free as well . VERY nice company.