Best book(s) to buy/read before going to WDW?

krowe333

Earning My Ears
I have seen: The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World 2012, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2012, or-not sure the name-but the colored pages 2012?
Thanks!!
We went in 2006 so it has been awhile since we have been and I know that a lot has probably changed!
Thanks for your help! :)

I like the little black book of Walt Disney World and the unofficial guide.

I like the Unofficial Guide, but it is rather large, and can be overwhelming. For something smaller (small in pages, but not content! :) ), I really enjoy Birnbaum's Walt Disney World. Has accurate information for the year you're reading, and colour pictures.

The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World.

I read this book before our first trip & it's plan really works. I've got lots of Disney books as I like reading them...lol! But that one is the best!

I agree with the Unnofficial guide. Got my first one in 2007 for our first visit. It was amazing. what we did was take out the touring plans and had them laminated and put them on a ring to take with us into the parks. the book itself went with us on the plane and stayed in the room. it was amazing. reviews were spot on for just about everything. great for having one if just for adrs and quick service reviews

Another Unofficial Guide fan! I also bought several others in the series ~~ Las Vegas, Cruises, and "the Dark Side of Orlando." :rotfl2:

Another vote for the Unofficial Guide. I get a new one each year and loan out the old ones.

I have seen: The Unofficial Guide Walt Disney World 2012, The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World with Kids 2012, or-not sure the name-but the colored pages 2012?
Thanks!!
We went in 2006 so it has been awhile since we have been and I know that a lot has probably changed!
Thanks for your help! :)

Do you have children? While it did not prepare out kids in the sense of "where to eat" or "what to ride" our kids enjoyed reading the Kingdom Keepers books before our latest trip. The books are good for kids 8-12 or so. And, while at WDW our children would point things out at the parks that they recognized from the books.

PassPorter Guide to Walt Disney World is the best one out there.

For the straight Disney dope, I think the Unofficial Guide is hands down the best. For someone who's never been I suggest Birnbaum's, the little black book is compact, but not a lot of info, Passporter has some good info, and the passpockets help make it a great keepsake. I've seen all of the others, and they are very much vanilla and I think should be overlooked easily, unless you are a Disney veteran.

I suggest going to your local library and checking out a variety of books. You can see which wants fits you best.

In addition to the Unofficial Guide, I am a HUGE fan of Julie and Mike Neal's The Complete WDW [insert year here]. Well organized, tremendous photography, and lots of great info. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I liked tourguidemike. His information worked perfectly for us. We have never waitied more than 20 minutes in a line or for a restaurant. Keep in mind we always travel at very busy times (spring break and summer.)

I absolutely, 110%-ly swear by the Passporter! I own the deluxe version and buy the insert pages every year regardless of whether or not there is a trip planned. It is engaging, accurate, beautiful and super-detailed. I also found that the details are much more relevant to trip planning / visits than some other guidebooks ... it is kind of like chatting with your best friend who just so happens to live at the World and know everything about it, inside and out.

I prefer this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Walt-Disney-World-2011/dp/0970959621

It has color pages, tons of tips, and lots of great pictures!

the third vote for this one! it is the only book i bought. in 2009 i just took a bunch out of the library. i liked the unofficial guide but at times i felt like debbie downer wrote the book. plus using their touring plans seems like a great idea... until you get there and see all the other folks with the same exact touring plan laminated and hanging from their stroller and you are officially in an unofficial herd. in 2010 i took a few out of the library but bought this one for my mother b/c it was her absolute favorite. i did all the ADRs and we both picked the resort. this book let her read up on rides and decide what she wanted to do when we got there. she also has a bit of ADD, so she would flip thru it the night before we went to a park to refresh herself on what rides she wanted to do the next day. i liked the maps in birnbaums, the first year i went i got a kids version that was the previous year for $1 at borders. just be careful, the books are written so far in advance that a book that is two years old is really 3-3 1/2 years old. some of the rides featured in the kids book were no longer there by the time i went.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter