Best beaches in Florida?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by la79al, Jan 7, 2008.

1. la79al

la79al DIS Veteran

DH and I are considering a possibly non-Disney trip next month before our baby is born. We know we are heading to Florida but aren't sure where we want to go. What would you say are the best beaches in Florida? DH wants to fish, I just want a week off work with warm weather.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kylara

kylara Wish I was still in Orlando/Kissimmee

You might want to research some of the beaches down on the keys, they are suppose to have good fishing.

If you don't want the keys, I prefer the water on the gulf coast over the east coast of FL. Sanibel and Captiva area is suppose to have really nice beaches. I also like the beaches in the Naples area, but I don't know how the fishing is in either of those areas.

4. SilverMickey

SilverMickey DIS Veteran

I love Englewood and Venice beaches... Then you can take a Ferry from Port Charlotte out to plam Island for a nice lunch or dinner. We often see dolphins and Manitees. Can book fishing from several local marinas!

Have a great time!

5. LauraAnn630

LauraAnn630 See you in April 2011!

Marco Island was GREAT! Love the shells on the beach! Stayed at the Marriot and it was prefect. They have boat excursions and lots of activities right there! Check it out on line.

6. karensi

karensi <font color=9999FF>Taking grandchildren to WDW wil

Siesta Key beach, on the west coast, has, I believe, been voted one of the top 10 beaches of the world.
    I have been there and it is really a beautiful beach. It is known for its soft sand, it feels like baby powder.
    We'll be going there next month. My DSIL found a condo via craigslist. He contacted the owner, who e mailed us pictures and we're set to go :) .

7. wdwpjs

wdwpjs wdwpjs

I would have to suggest Destin and the surrounding beaches. Great fishing, shopping, eating, and the whitest beaches. We live in Gulf Breeze fl. which is outside of Pensacola and we vacation in Destin as much as we can. Sandestin Beach Resort is awesome! Ask away if you have any questions!

8. Frothy

Frothy Mouseketeer

Marco is a great beach and so is Clearwater..