best bang for your buck???

julluvsdisney

"A dream is a wish your heart makes, when you're f
So I am all about getting my moneys worth with the DDP. What I am wondering is what 1 TS resturants cost the most? Doesnt matter what kind of food or what meal it is I just want to narrow my choices down to a final 6 but make sure my OOP meals are way less than my DDP. Last year I was a DDP newbie so I didnt really know what I was doing. I know some days disney got more money than I got food.:lmao: Not this year lol! I have the DIS to inform me. Last year I had no idea about the DIS!!! TIA!!!

The restaurants at Epcot are a good starting point but it does partly depend on what you would want to eat.
Have a look at the menus at allears.net which have fairly accurate prices/up to date menus. the you can choose which food you'd like the most.
After all, it doesn't matter how cheap or expensive it is if you don't enjoy it. :goodvibes

The last time I priced it out, I came up with Tutto Italia and Le Cellier as being the best "value" restaurants on the dining plan (#1 and #2, respectively). For deluxe, they're still #1 and #2, but with a greater spread due to more expensive appetizers at Tutto Italia.

Our most expensive TS I think would be the mushroom Filet at Le Cellier, and CS the rib platter at Flame tree BBQ and Snack the hot fudge sundae at POP Resort food court.

We got the most bang for our buck on the DP at Jikos. Our bill for the two of us was around $130.00. We ended up paying only $15.00 for alcohol plus a tip. Also Sanaa and Teppan Edo would have been very costly for the four of us but we had free dining.

Here is a spreadsheet from last year of the highest value TS restaurants on the dining plan:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/2009/DisneyDiningRanking2009.htm

Top 10:

1 Restaurant Marrakesh $49.19
2 Le Cellier $48.21
3 Tutto Italia Ristorante $47.17
4 Maya Grill $46.09
5 Wolfgang Café $46.00
6 Chefs de France $45.25
7 San Angel $44.77
8 Coral Reef $43.95
9 The Wave $41.82
10 Teppan Edo $41.26

I would recommend choosing not just based on the maximum value, but what you would enjoy the most as well and what it's worth to you. We've tried most of those top 10, and there are a few we didn't care for.

thank you everyone for your imput! I guess I explained myself incorrectly! I would never eat somewhere if I didnt like the food. I was more asking the question as a starting point. I wanted to see what the most expensive were then look at the menus on all ears and then decide from there. I have actually added up menus several times just I know sometimes you forget about a "hidden gem". Or someone will mention a resturant you would never think of but then it becomesa random possibility. Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!

Here is a spreadsheet from last year of the highest value TS restaurants on the dining plan:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~rb/DIS/MYW Dining/2009/DisneyDiningRanking2009.htm

Top 10:

1 Restaurant Marrakesh $49.19
2 Le Cellier $48.21
3 Tutto Italia Ristorante $47.17
4 Maya Grill $46.09
5 Wolfgang Café $46.00
6 Chefs de France $45.25
7 San Angel $44.77
8 Coral Reef $43.95
9 The Wave $41.82
10 Teppan Edo $41.26

I would recommend choosing not just based on the maximum value, but what you would enjoy the most as well and what it's worth to you. We've tried most of those top 10, and there are a few we didn't care for.

Thank you this is awesome!!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!