Best airfare from PHL to LAX

NJOYURLIFE

DIS Veteran
Starting to plan a trip to Disneyland for mid to late 2013. I am just wondering what would be considered a "book it now" rate. Also, how far in advance does the "book it now" rates start appearing?

Thanks.

I just booked southwest for about $300/peron for late August 2012. I think that is a pretty reasonable fare, considering the free bags.

Late 2013 is a long time from now. I don't know of any airline that will let you book that far out - most go 364 days or even less.

Airfare is never posted this far out.

Airfare changes daily, even often during the day.

My suggestion is to sign up at kayak.com and they will ding you when fares become available, as well as when they are at their lowest, which is a booking window of Tuesday through Thursday.

Gas prices right now are wreaking havoc with airfare, as well as cruises.

I know it is way too soon to actually book airfare for that time frame, but if this trip is going to happen, it is never too early to start the budget planning. Since I have no clue what the average airfare price is to LAX, I was just looking for clues based on past history. I wouldn't even know what price to set a price alert for. I also know that things are due to change due to increasing gas costs, but it would help to have a baseline.

Hey, who knows, maybe I can find a super duper rate and decide to do a solo trip :banana:

So, zeferjen, currently $300 is about reasonable? or is that on the low end?

Thanks

Recently went to LAX from BOS (I know, not Philly), but it was also around $300 non-stop r/t.

I would think $300 is a decent figure for budgeting, unless gas prices skyrocket in the next year. I would encourage you to try to book right when Southwest opens your dates.

Consider flying into SNA, John Wayne airport, it is so close to DL.

I booked PHL to SNA for about $110-175 each way in the past. It seems to be higher now.

I have also used LAX, if it was alot cheaper.

Southwest is best because of their 2 free checked bag policy. On longer, more distant trips, I find I need to pack more.....

Thanks for this thread and the info on prices. We're looking at a flight to LA from Philly in early December, and it's nice to see some figures.

Have to say though I'm very impatiently waiting for Virgin and SW/AirTran to release their December fares. So impatient- I check a couple times a day. :rolleyes1

I read it somewhere and can't recall where but put it in my calendar, SW is supposed to release it's next schedule on May 20th. I'm going to wait till May to start checking frequently.

I read it somewhere and can't recall where but put it in my calendar, SW is supposed to release it's next schedule on May 20th. I'm going to wait till May to start checking frequently.

Thanks for the information. Now I'll stop doing it and driving everyone crazy with, "fares aren't up yet."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter