Best action to take if you're running late for ADR?

Bend space and time.

I would say call the restaurant - if you can get a direct number....but that's a big IF. I once called the dining line to see if they would notify a restaurant we wre running late to, and they couldn't (or wouldn't) do it.

Bend space and time.

I would say call the restaurant - if you can get a direct number....but that's a big IF. I once called the dining line to see if they would notify a restaurant we wre running late to, and they couldn't (or wouldn't) do it.

I forsee a Heroes TV marathon tonight fast forwarding to all the Hiro clips!

Yatta!

FYI...you usually have to be very late before they would refusse to seat you.

We ran into this situation the end of August. We were changing packages so had to recheck in. The line was sooooo long! Luckily there was a CM walking along the line to see if he could assist anyone. I let him know our situation and he told me to inform the CM at check in and they would call the restaurant for us. Since CM's can be so helpful, I would probably try to find someone. I think I remember reading on the boards that after a half hour you lose your reservation. Better safe than sorry!

we had a 5:05 reservation for the Yachtsman, and though we left the appointed 1.5 hours early, we ended up on a training bus for a new driver, and did not get there until 6:15 PM. Once we knew we were going to be late, we called the dining line, and they did say they would hold our reservation for 20 minutes, and if we arrived after that, they would seat us as soon as they could. The CM on the phone also said they would notify the Yachtsman. We arrived at 6:15, and the CM at the podium had indeed been notified of our delay, and we were seated immediately.

The official grace period is 20 minutes. Beyond that, contact the concierge desk at your hotel (or CL CM if you're staying Club Level) to ask them to contact the restaurant. If that doesn't work, try calling the dining line (where you may or may not get a helpful CM).

Run!

Seriously, we had an incident with a loooong wait for a boat from DHS to EPCOT (my friends didn't want to walk... they didn't understand!), and once we were off the boat one of the party booked it to LC. Thankfully, they were still able to seat us.

Well, they wouldn't want to make it TOO easy. After all, they now get to collect the $10 per head fee if you don't make it!

LOL! I need to know the answer to this too. We're doing CRT on a party night with a 4PM ADR. Admission with party ticket is 4 PM. We're going to sprint down Main Street if I can't get an earlier time!

Well, they wouldn't want to make it TOO easy. After all, they now get to collect the $10 per head fee if you don't make it!

:rolleyes: I think they would rather have a paying guest in the seat than $10. Even most breakfasts end up costing more than $10 a person.

The best thing is to not be late, don't try to pack so much into a day that you are left running to make an ADR. Disney wants you to show up 20 minutes prior to your ADR time. Then they give you a 20 minute grace period.

Having said that, we have been at WDW before when they were having problems with the monorail. And that time they were holding tables for guests that were running late, as they knew that was a problem beyond the guest's control. But in general you get 20 minutes before you are booted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter