Best 2 credit dining experience

granmaz

Dis Veteran and Old Geezer
Could you give me your ideas of the best dining 'experience' for 2 credits? We have eaten at Cali Grill twice before and really loved it, but would like a change.

My family has tried:

Narcoossees
Brown Derby
Artists Point
Citricos
California Grill
Jiko
Flying Fish

We are going back to Narcoossees, love it. Have been twice to Brown Derby, one of the better park TS. Like Artists Point (great atmosphere) and Citricos (it was really quite when we went, which was odd for a WDW TS!) equally. California Grill was great for the view, food was so-so. Jiko was lovely, but the food wasn't really to my taste, and the server was channeling the invisible man. The Flying Fish was hands down the worst TS place we have ever eaten, but that was more of a server issue, and was a very long time ago. Just never had the courage to try again!

So I would have to say give Narcoossees a try. There is a viewing area for the MK fireworks, and the setting is really very nice. It can be a bit hectic in there, but we all had a great meal.

Oh, I'm curious about this one too.

I had initially planned to do California Grill for a 2 credit dinner but then decided that we'd only end up ordering the most expensive stuff on the menu just to justify it so instead, we're paying out of pocket for CG and eating at other places.

I'd definitely like to know which places people think are worth 2 credits PP.

The Brown Derby - had an incredible meal there - food, service, ambiance
Narcoossees - a personal favorite - like to go outside for the fireworks

Have eaten at California Grill, Narcoosees, & was just at Yachtsmen Steakhouse this past week. While all are great, Yachtsmen was the best. I love steak, and I had the Ribeye. One of the best steaks I've ever had. The atmosphere and service were outstanding. Highly recommended!

We usually do Cali Grill for 2 TS credits, but this time we also did Jiko. Jiko won't be everyone's favorite because there are some limitations to the menu, but we loved it. We had the BLT flatbread, roasted corn soup, the fliet with mac & cheese and the scallops, along with a nice bottle of red wine. It was all fantastic, and there were other things on the menu we still want to go back and try.

Artist Point hands down! The buffalo steak is to die for! Also, the desserts are huge and so yummy! :goodvibes :yay:

narcoosees - crabcakes, whole lobster, almond cheesecake

(the almond cheesecake alone is almost worth 2 TS!!) :love:

Jiko and Narcoosees...............Jiko has an appetizer Grilled chicken on flatbread..................Absolutely fantastic! Taste of Africa appetizer also great!

Artist Point hands down! The buffalo steak is to die for! Also, the desserts are huge and so yummy! :goodvibes :yay:

:thumbsup2 Definitely! We've eaten there, California Frill, and Jiko's. Artist Point is by far the best!

So here goes with mine.

Artist Point - love it, although that's probably not surprising since the cuisine is inspired by my home in the Pacific Northwest! The wine pairings are very nice, the mushroom soup is worth a trip on its own, and the seasonal cobbler is outstanding.

Hollywood Brown Derby - elegant, very special experience. I think I need to change my plans for this coming December because we're not going, and I already regret that! The home of the Cobb Salad, made tableside. Fantastic tenderloin.

Jiko - disappointing. Our table wasn't that great, towards the front, and I didn't think the food was exceptional, although others rave. I actually think this may be better not on the Dining Plan because you might feel more free to order some of the appetizers and perhaps share an entree, or skip dessert.

It may go without saying, but just in case, don't burn two TS credits on any of these for lunch. If you want to experience the Brown Derby, consider going at lunch; order the Cobb Salad with chicken and then the Grapefruit Cake (seriously) for dessert. Shoot! Now I really have to change my ADRs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter