Ben and Libby's Happily Ever After - A Fairytale Wishes Wedding *Updated 14/3/18 + Wedding Video!

I am very excited to see how your wedding planning goes. I think the pastel colors would look fantastic in the locations you are looking to use. I will be following along! My best friend is starting to plan her Disney wedding so I am excited to see how all this planning business goes. It seems to be much different than the planning I had to do for my own wedding last May. GOOD LUCK! :shamrock: I also loved that you mentioned American Sized portions! HAHAHA! :rotfl2:

Hi Libby,

Funny story...I spend quite a bit of time searching for Disney Wedding Plans and Trip Reports (google is my best friend) and such and I actually came across your Wedding PJ on the DIBB boards before I came across you on this board haha. Needless to say, I was reading your wedding PJ on there. However, I was never able to comment as I am not registered on those boards - felt a bit weird as I am not from the UK haha. I am now SO excited that I have found you on here so I can comment and follow along :yay:!!! WOO!

Love all of your plans so far. The theme and color scheme you selected works amazingly well with the sites you have selected - HOW AMAZING IS THE WEDDING PAVILION!

You've posted a bit more on the other board so I will keep my comment on the next post until you upload it on here haha. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE!

Fab update Libby - we are also having all of those locations for all of those exact reasons (not moving people around too much / loving Wishes etc), great choices!! ::yes::

I am loving your theme, that reception shot with the roses in the big centrepiece - wow so dreamy and romantic :lovestruc

Yay, another 10/16 bride! :yay: What day are you looking at, out of curiosity? We'd prefer a Wednesday as well, and would really like Sago Cay for a Wishes dessert party, hence the question :lmao: I love your writing style!

I am very excited to see how your wedding planning goes. I think the pastel colors would look fantastic in the locations you are looking to use. I will be following along! My best friend is starting to plan her Disney wedding so I am excited to see how all this planning business goes. It seems to be much different than the planning I had to do for my own wedding last May. GOOD LUCK! :shamrock: I also loved that you mentioned American Sized portions! HAHAHA! :rotfl2:

Hiiii! Thank you, I'm glad you agree! Aww where is your best friend getting married? :) Thanks for the good luck and I'm glad you liked the portions reference ahaha! It's true though, they are huuuge! I love them, but gotta think about that dress!! :rotfl:

Yay! Congratulations! I love all of your ideas so far! I'll be following along. :D

Thank you, and welcome! :) xxx

Hi Libby,

Funny story...I spend quite a bit of time searching for Disney Wedding Plans and Trip Reports (google is my best friend) and such and I actually came across your Wedding PJ on the DIBB boards before I came across you on this board haha. Needless to say, I was reading your wedding PJ on there. However, I was never able to comment as I am not registered on those boards - felt a bit weird as I am not from the UK haha. I am now SO excited that I have found you on here so I can comment and follow along :yay:!!! WOO!

Love all of your plans so far. The theme and color scheme you selected works amazingly well with the sites you have selected - HOW AMAZING IS THE WEDDING PAVILION!

You've posted a bit more on the other board so I will keep my comment on the next post until you upload it on here haha. CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR MORE!

Hi!!! Oh that's so funny that you found me on the Dibb first! You can totally join in and post on there, I don't think anyone would mind! It's a great website :D I decided to post on here too cause the bridal community here is a lot more active (understandably!)

I'm glad you like my plans, and yes the WP is probably the most beautiful building ever :D I love it! Haha, I'll be posting the next update on here soon! Thank you for reading along!! :bride: xxx

Fab update Libby - we are also having all of those locations for all of those exact reasons (not moving people around too much / loving Wishes etc), great choices!! ::yes::

I am loving your theme, that reception shot with the roses in the big centrepiece - wow so dreamy and romantic :lovestruc

Oh fantastic taste, haha! When is your wedding sweetie? Yes I love that photo tooooo! God knows how much it would cost to achieve the same at Disney but we'll start big and cut stuff out as budget dictates haha! Thnak you for reading along :) xxx

Yay, another 10/16 bride! :yay: What day are you looking at, out of curiosity? We'd prefer a Wednesday as well, and would really like Sago Cay for a Wishes dessert party, hence the question :lmao: I love your writing style!

Oh no!! :sad2: I did actually post the date on the previous page, it's Wednesday 19th October as that will be 3 years to the day Ben proposed! I really really hope you aren't planning for the 19th too :eek: xxxxxx

Oh no!! :sad2: I did actually post the date on the previous page, it's Wednesday 19th October as that will be 3 years to the day Ben proposed! I really really hope you aren't planning for the 19th too :eek: xxxxxx

I must've missed it in my excitement :lmao: But we're looking at the week after you, so yay! We might end up with another weekday, but right now, it's the 26th. That's nice that you guys are doing it on a special date :) Ours is just a random date in October.

Hi!!! Oh that's so funny that you found me on the Dibb first! You can totally join in and post on there, I don't think anyone would mind! It's a great website :D I decided to post on here too cause the bridal community here is a lot more active (understandably!)

I'm glad you like my plans, and yes the WP is probably the most beautiful building ever :D I love it! Haha, I'll be posting the next update on here soon! Thank you for reading along!! :bride: xxx

I agree that the bridal community on here is more active so I'm glad you came on over! I am currently planning our at home wedding and WDW Honeymoon so feel free to look over my PJ (in my signature) and we can toss ideas back and forth! WOOOO!

Can't wait to read more! Everything is wonderful thus far!

Blush and Bashful colors. (Sorry I'm a big Steel Magnolias fan)
They are so pretty. Wedding Pavillion is beautiful. If Kevin & I were more formal, I would have considered it.

And you can only Hand Jive like Grease Lightnin' girlfriend. LOL Oh I see you, myself & my sister would get along quite well.
Should I dare to ask if you enjoy a good Rocky Horror as well?

I must've missed it in my excitement :lmao: But we're looking at the week after you, so yay! We might end up with another weekday, but right now, it's the 26th. That's nice that you guys are doing it on a special date :) Ours is just a random date in October.

Oh I'm so happy!! I wouldn't know what to do if we wanted the same date! :D :D Yep the 19th would be very special. I hope we get it! If not we'll have to rethink, possibly the Wednesday before as I really want Wishes, not Hallowishes! Hope your planning is going well! xxx

I agree that the bridal community on here is more active so I'm glad you came on over! I am currently planning our at home wedding and WDW Honeymoon so feel free to look over my PJ (in my signature) and we can toss ideas back and forth! WOOOO!

Can't wait to read more! Everything is wonderful thus far!

Ooh I will do! Exciting! Thank you :) xxx

Blush and Bashful colors. (Sorry I'm a big Steel Magnolias fan)
They are so pretty. Wedding Pavillion is beautiful. If Kevin & I were more formal, I would have considered it.

And you can only Hand Jive like Grease Lightnin' girlfriend. LOL Oh I see you, myself & my sister would get along quite well.
Should I dare to ask if you enjoy a good Rocky Horror as well?

Thank you! Oh no I feel like I'm gonna let you down now because I'm not really a RHPC fan :guilty: I've just never really seen it properly, I imagine I would be a fan if I properly watched it! Maybe I should do that this weekend, I don't think Ben has seen it either!! :rolleyes1 Hehe! xxxx

Save The Dates

Our STD’s (LOVE that acronym ;) ) were the first piece of wedding stationary we did and it was so exciting! When we were deciding what they should look like, I got a bit bogged down in the whole ‘Are they STD’s or invites?’ situation, and did loads of research on what we were really trying to say. Basically, these little documents needed to a. show our guests that we really are getting married in Florida, b. invite them to start thinking about if they would be joining us, and let us know, and c. communicate how amazing Florida is and make them want to come. So, quite a lot!! Haha.

We started off with elaborate plans of tri-fold invitations, maybe with additional items...inserts, stickers, badges, magnets…but eventually simplified it right down to a double sided flyer. After searching the internet for aaagggeeess, I decided to design my own as I couldn’t find any I liked and I wanted to ensure it represented us, and the theme of the wedding. I also have a graphic communication degree so I figured I should put it to good use :D I found a couple of inspiration pictures and then just went at it! I used InDesign, downloaded a few fonts, wrote some lovely wording for the back, and they were done :D In case you can’t tell, the colour scheme is blush pink and gold :D LOVE it!!

fff_zpsj9rj8qev.jpg

We got them printed at printed.com and it was SO EASY and super cheap, and they came like 2 days later! I really was so impressed. We sent off for a sample pack of paper beforehand, and me and Benj sat and went through the pack and chose our favourite paper types :) It was so fun! We went for a heavy stock with a lovely textured effect. We got matching envelopes too!

I was so pleased with how they came out :) I think they are beautiful, and hopefully they’ve given our guests a sneak peek of what they can expect from the wedding :)

I also made a wedding website! I didn’t really have to do this but I had some spare time one weekend so whipped one up on Wordpress. I was actually chuffed with how it came out, although I’m not sure how many people have looked at it! It will be handy for updating guests nearer the time, and helping with bookings etc :)

So far, our guestlist is looking to be about 21/22 definates, with 4/5 maybes that are pretty likely, and about 5 maybes that are not so likely. The maybes could let us know later this year, or next year! It depends on peoples finances/plans etc. We're not too fussed about numbers at this stage though, we've got enough for a Wishes wedding, and the people we love will be here. We'll be having a UK party when we get back, to celebrate with everyone else. We're so happy that so many of our friends and family want to join us on our adventure :) It's going to be amazing!!

Oh I'm so happy!! I wouldn't know what to do if we wanted the same date! :D :D Yep the 19th would be very special. I hope we get it! If not we'll have to rethink, possibly the Wednesday before as I really want Wishes, not Hallowishes! Hope your planning is going well! xxx

We'd figure it out :lmao: But hopefully that won't be an issue :goodvibes The 26th is three years and four months after our first date, so it's sort-of-special, but not really. I'd be good with either Wishes or Hallowishes, but my bachelorette will hopefully be at MNSSHP, so I'd rather have the original :teeth: Planning is going slow, especially so far out. We don't feel like we can make any concrete decisions until we have Disney booked (except my dress, that's already in my apartment back home). How's yours going?

OMG!! This is so fabulous!! I've been reading (for years!!) your TRs and DRs and I love that I can now follow (aka stalk) your wedding!!

and I think its super sweet that you guys met when you were 15! I met my DH when I was 15 and we'll be married 22 years this October (9th)!

October is a GREAT month for LOVE! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Libby,

I LOVE your STD (hahaha). I think they are very simple, but very appealing - I always prefer a simple and clean look so these perfectly fit that bill. The color's are perfect to complement what the style of your chosen location as the color theme you are wanting to go with!

PS: My DF and I also met when we were 15 years old and are FINALLY getting married after almost 13 years today this August. We've obviously found true love :love:. Congratulations and I can't wait to see what else you have planned!

Hiiii! Thank you, I'm glad you agree! Aww where is your best friend getting married? :) Thanks for the good luck and I'm glad you liked the portions reference ahaha! It's true though, they are huuuge! I love them, but gotta think about that dress!! :rotfl:

Right now she is looking at either Canada or the Wedding Pavilion. I think she has the big picture planning done, now it is just time to narrow everything down and get moving. I haven't been to Disney World in about 10 years. I was a Senior in HS so I went with my parents still. I can't wait to go down for her wedding with my husband.

YAY I actually have a minute to breathe and catch up with your plans! You have such a concrete and clear vision, I love how clearly you know what you want and the experience you want your guests to have. I know it will be stunning.

You save the dates are AMAZING! You are quite the talented designer for sure :) I am so excited to follow along with the rest of your planning!

We'd figure it out :lmao: But hopefully that won't be an issue :goodvibes The 26th is three years and four months after our first date, so it's sort-of-special, but not really. I'd be good with either Wishes or Hallowishes, but my bachelorette will hopefully be at MNSSHP, so I'd rather have the original :teeth: Planning is going slow, especially so far out. We don't feel like we can make any concrete decisions until we have Disney booked (except my dress, that's already in my apartment back home). How's yours going?

Same, not done a huge amount! I've just got a new job though so I've been very preoccupied and I'm missing wedding planning haha! We're actually at a wedding this weekend but hoping to get some bits sorted next week once I've got used to my new working hours :) Hope you're well! xxxxxxxx

OMG!! This is so fabulous!! I've been reading (for years!!) your TRs and DRs and I love that I can now follow (aka stalk) your wedding!!

and I think its super sweet that you guys met when you were 15! I met my DH when I was 15 and we'll be married 22 years this October (9th)!

October is a GREAT month for LOVE! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc

Aww thank you sweetie! You leave the nicest comments :) :) I'm so happy you're following along with our wedding planning! Congratulations on being married 22 years, what a wonderful achievement! Yes October brides are the best I've heard, I'm excited to hopefully join the club! :D xxxx

Libby,

I LOVE your STD (hahaha). I think they are very simple, but very appealing - I always prefer a simple and clean look so these perfectly fit that bill. The color's are perfect to complement what the style of your chosen location as the color theme you are wanting to go with!

PS: My DF and I also met when we were 15 years old and are FINALLY getting married after almost 13 years today this August. We've obviously found true love :love:. Congratulations and I can't wait to see what else you have planned!

Aww thank you so much! I'm so pleased you like them. I was happy with how they turned out, and quite proud of myself! They def go with the general theming of the WP and GP :)

Awww how exciting that you're getting married after 13 years! We'll have been together 12 when we get married, so crazy!!! That's true love though like you say :) :) Thank you for your lovely comment :) xxxxxxx

Aww it's ok. RHPS is really not for everyone. So long as you like Grease you're good!

Hahaha thank you!! :D :D xxxxx

YAY I actually have a minute to breathe and catch up with your plans! You have such a concrete and clear vision, I love how clearly you know what you want and the experience you want your guests to have. I know it will be stunning.

You save the dates are AMAZING! You are quite the talented designer for sure :) I am so excited to follow along with the rest of your planning!

Thank you so much! I really hope it is as stunning as we're dreaming it will be!

Oh wow thank you again, I was pleased with how they turned out :D I'm so excited you're following along! I'm slightly obsessed with your wedding haha so it's lovely to know you're here for advice and help if I need any :) xxxxxxxx

Small but important update

WE'VE BOOKED OUR HONEYMOON CRUISE! We are all booked on a 4 night Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Dream, in a category 5B Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah :D

disney-dream-6_zpsq75wynh1.jpg

We were totally unprepared for October dates to be released; Disney released dates up until September 2016 last month, and then we were expecting October to be released in June-ish. But then they just appeared! It was so exciting but we were slightly underprepared! We knew which cruise we wanted, and that we wanted a verandah stateroom, but we hadn't researched which category or deck to book! We spent aallllll night on our laptops Googling the different categories, with YouTube playing different videos on the TV. We were thorough!

We're both really happy with the stateroom we've booked – it seemed to be the best deck and category for us, for various reasons, so we're happy :)

Disney_Dream_Stateroom_C__verandah__-_6_23_09_zpscgwyr5wm.jpg

We've just popped the deposit on for now as we have zero monies, so we'll worry about paying for it next year! We're sooooooo excited though :D Sometimes I think we're almost as excited for the cruise as we are for the wedding haha! :) I have a serious obsession with the sea/whales/underwater things and having a verandah was kind of something I wouldn't budge on. So we didn't even look at prices for inside staterooms or any of that – a balcony was key!

I can't wait to wake up in the morning on our sea day and stare out at the endless ocean in front of us... uhhh, amazing! And I also can't wait to sit on our balcony each evening with a glass or 3 of wine and talk about our amazing wedding day and all the fun we still get to have on our honeymoon :D can you tell I'm excited!? We'll be in Florida for 3 weeks in total for our wedding/honeymoon, and we should still have 8 days left at Disney after returning from our cruise if all the dates work out :) It's going to be amazing!

There'll obviously be loads more updates on the cruise as we get nearer the wedding/honeymoon but I just had to share! :D

In other news, apologies for not having updated this in a while! I've had a stressful few weeks leaving my job and starting my new job, all very exciting but it's been so busy and I'm exhausted every night haha, big adjustment! So need to get into a new routine and get sorted with everything. I'm super excited tonight though as I've sent off the contact form on the DFTW site with all our details on, and asked them to contact me via email cause we're in the UK :D it'll just be easier to communicate with emails etc and organise them around work. So hopefully within 72 hours we should have been contacted! Exciting! Now we can really get the ball rolling and start talking to Disney. I need to do an update on our Christmas trip but in a nutshell, we're flying out December 19th for 2 weeks and I really really really hope we can schedule our planning session in at some point over those 2 weeks as that's the point of the trip. Due to Ben's work he can only have school holidays off, so it was either Christmas or February half term which is only 1 week. So Christmas won! It'll be 10 months before our wedding so I really hope they let us do the planning session, we know prices won't be finalised and it doesn't matter but the planning session is so important to us and it's the only time we can do it! Fingers crossed it will all be fine :) I'm such a worrier haha! I have spoken to previous brides who had their planning sessions before the 6 month mark though so I know it has been done in. We're also planning to use the AP's we'll get this trip too, so I hope the 6 weeks or so in between us signing the contract and us flying out to Orlando will be enough time to get everything sorted. Can you tell I'm panicking!? Haha!

Hopefully will be able to do an update soon, maybe we'll be in touch with a wedding co-ordinator by then! :) xxxxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter