Belle New Look On The Way

Discussion in 'Disney Rumors and News' started by MonorailPilotMulan, Jan 24, 2013.

1. brownierose

brownierose Mouseketeer

Do they still have belle in her blue dress?? I've always liked belle in her provincial life dress than ball gown. How will this revamp affect the show at hs??

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. angelmichelle

angelmichelle Mouseketeer

More pictures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. jfahome

jfahome DIS Veteran

Haven't read all the posts above but here's my 2cents.

OK, so when I first saw pictures the other day, i wasn't very happy with the changes. I was quite upset about it actually. BUT, I have since then seen new pics (different than the ones above), from disneyland actually. Anyways, I've seen this you tube video just posted with the debut of her new dress in the Enchanted Story time. Now I really like it. It looks very nice to me!

http://youtu.be/V7W42Fej9FY
    Debut of Belle's New Dress at Enchanted Tales with Belle in Magic Kingdom is the title.

5. foodrocksluver

foodrocksluver It's been you all along

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Agreed. But after seeing the more recent pictures I don't think she looks AS BAD as I thought she did in the original post we saw.

I'm still not understanding the need to do this. Was Disney not selling as much Princess merch and they felt that redesigning the girls would help bring sales up? I don't it. Why try to fix something that's not broke?

6. fivebyfive

fivebyfive Mouseketeer

"Change...change is good". :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are modernizing the princesses, just as they have with other characters in the past. I see nothing wrong with it.

7. Disney_Princess83

Disney_Princess83 DIS Veteran

I don't see the meet to modernize the princesses so that they look like Barbie :confused3 They're completely changing them so that they no longer look like they do in their movies.

8. dadddio

dadddio DIS Veteran

They are changing them from how they were originally drawn, but they are still recognizable.

9. Disney_Princess83

I don't feel that Belle is, Cinderella looks like she's had cosmetic surgery, Ariel is far more heavily shaded in the new versions.

10. dadddio

dadddio DIS Veteran

I can't speak for everyone. I can only contribute that my three year old daughter had no problem identifying her as Belle.

11. fivebyfive

fivebyfive Mouseketeer

Oh definitely modernizing. Every little girl I know is bling obsessed! :lmao:

12. mousefan2322

mousefan2322 Earning My Ears

Who is coming next? Aurora?

13. Disney_Princess83

Yes, Aurora is next. The rumour is she will be changing in May

14. monorailrabbit

monorailrabbit Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Oh good heavens, she is my favorite... I will cry if it's awful... but maybe they will consult Flora, Fauna & Merryweather...

15. monorailrabbit

:lmao:

16. gymnastgirlflips

gymnastgirlflips Live, Laugh, Glove

I don't understand the need either. Has anyone ever even complained about the Disney Princesses? The point of Disney is that it's timeless. Everyone loves Disney, the movies, and the characters. It's been enjoyed by so many generations and if anything needs to be changed, it's the thinking behind the need for changing the actual princesses or other Disney characters.

If they're going to change anything, it should be to enhance meeting the princesses, which is what they've been aiming for at both Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom with their magical meet and greets (by Disneyland I mean the Fantasy Faire that's under construction right now).

17. mrsksomeday

mrsksomeday My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

If they change the look they can sell new merchandise to you even after you have already purchased all the princess items. Now the little girls will want the new dress, the new doll, the new shirt etc with their favorite princess. It is all about marketing and money.

18. cindyfan

cindyfan DIS Veteran

I understand to a point that Disney feels the need to update the princesses.
    They did the same with Mickey over the years.

But...... My biggest problem with this (and I think a previous poster said it too) is that they all now look like Barbie dolls dressed to look like the princesses!
    It's almost obscene to see that they are now so full-chested and with this tiny waist and all this ridiculous makeup!

Come on Disney! :( What are you telling our kids now with this "new look"???

19. Pier60

Pier60 Mouseketeer

Well said!

20. merbobear

merbobear DIS Veteran

DD5 and I were looking at some of the princess merchandise on the Disney Store website the other day, and her comment was "They are wearing a lot of makeup." A couple of them she said were "just ok" and others she said she liked "the old one better."

21. monorailrabbit

[​IMG]

thought i would share. SUPER SUPER hate this. they look NOTHING like the originals in the films, are too skinny & sexy... updating? Please... If they weren't wearing dresses that nodded to their movies I would have no clue who they were! They all look the same - what an excellent image for young girls to strive for...